• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Zoooooom!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zoooooom!

Looks like a bit of a poor choice for the powers that be to use for their cabinet get together.

The stock price recently went through the roof recently, due to increased usage too.

Surely the government should have its own, secure, in house system on a secure network

‘Zoom is malware’: why experts worry about the video conferencing platform | Technology | The Guardian
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Looks like a bit of a poor choice for the powers that be to use for their cabinet get together.

The stock price recently went through the roof recently, due to increased usage too.

Surely the government should have its own, secure, in house system on a secure network

‘Zoom is malware’: why experts worry about the video conferencing platform | Technology | The Guardian

or pay for a 'secure one'.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      or pay for a 'secure one'.
      Dont know why they don't just use Skype
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I'd argue this is a worse video conference blunder. You may need to watch twice to spot what happened.

Dont worry you cant see anything graphic. Was shared on Linkedin.

YouTube
        Last edited by CheeseSlice; 5 April 2020, 21:03.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
          I'd argue this is a worse video conference blunder. You may need to watch twice to spot what happened.

YouTube
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post

YouTube
              Nope didnt need to see it twice, spotted it straight away
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

They should have their own secure video conferencing facility but there's lots out there such as Teams, Zoom, TeamViewer, MS Skype, GotoMeeting, Webex and so forth. Every client I video conference with seems to use a different one The technology is standard these days and setting up a government secure version should be straight forward but judging by the quality of mega expensive consultants they use it'll be a while before the government moves out of the IT dark ages

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
                  They should have their own secure video conferencing facility but there's lots out there such as Teams, Zoom, TeamViewer, MS Skype, GotoMeeting, Webex and so forth. Every client I video conference with seems to use a different one The technology is standard these days and setting up a government secure version should be straight forward but judging by the quality of mega expensive consultants they use it'll be a while before the government moves out of the IT dark ages
                  Whereby is very easy to use. The only one I've managed to get my Mum using for virtual family get togethers.

Comment

Working...
                  X