• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House market - how low will it go?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Decades of missed targets and namby pambying around this topic makes me think it won't get sorted for quite awhile yet so I can't see much changing in the mid term future. IMO of course.
    Get Scooty to chart it, otherwise it won't happen.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Even still, immigration will far outstrip demand year on year for a long time yet.
      You're expecting increased immigration in the midst of a lockdown?
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Maybe by dinghy
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          95 got detained in a cross on the 25th of March and that's what we know of etc. When you've covered half the world to get somewhere do you really think a lock down is going to stop people that are so desperate?

But yes, from Europe in the next 3 months maybe but we were talking about a 5 year housing strategy not the next 3 months.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The UK is not part of the EU anymore - remember? People are not going to come to a country that is looking to set up trade agreements let alone not having the right to come here amidst such uncertainty. You need growth to support increasing immigration, we're doing the opposite over the next 3-4 years.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I predict houses will lose 100% of their value.

Therefore I am bagging this one for free very soon.

9 bedroom house for sale in Marley Heights, Haslemere, GU27

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

It's got some nice features but it's not to my taste. You'll be pleased to know I won't be entering the inevitable bidding war.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

You are a gay Saudi Shiek and I claim my five pounds.
                  ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                  Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

What I'm Seeing

So far things dont seem to be too bad (early days) for me. I have 8 BTL's all tenanted at the start of this. I was a bit worried when the crisis kicked in but all tenants are paying on time as usual and offers to delay rents etc have not been taken up by anyone. Suprisingly one of my tenants has yesterday sprung he notice on us. Seems shes bizarrly found a new place to stay during all of this. I thought the house would now sit empty for the duration of the crisis. But I thought I'd test the market and advertise. In one day I have 8 people interested in taking the house. Thats with no viewings only a video tour. Not sure this will keep up but for now its BAU.

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
                      So far things dont seem to be too bad (early days) for me. I have 8 BTL's all tenanted at the start of this. .

Following with interest....

Comment

Working...
                      X