• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House market - how low will it go?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pjt View Post
    So far things dont seem to be too bad (early days) for me. I have 8 BTL's all tenanted at the start of this. I was a bit worried when the crisis kicked in but all tenants are paying on time as usual and offers to delay rents etc have not been taken up by anyone. Suprisingly one of my tenants has yesterday sprung he notice on us. Seems shes bizarrly found a new place to stay during all of this. I thought the house would now sit empty for the duration of the crisis. But I thought I'd test the market and advertise. In one day I have 8 people interested in taking the house. Thats with no viewings only a video tour. Not sure this will keep up but for now its BAU.
    Wait, you're telling me people will still work, live life, and need places of abode? BULLSHAT! An internet financial guru on YouTube told me the UK's population won't grow, industry will never resume and the existing populace will go and live in the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
      Wait, you're telling me people will still work, live life, and need places of abode? BULLSHAT! An internet financial guru on YouTube told me the UK's population won't grow, industry will never resume and the existing populace will go and live in the woods.
      Your guru is a fraud - there isn't enough woods int he UK for it!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        I predict houses will lose 100% of their value.

Therefore I am bagging this one for free very soon.

9 bedroom house for sale in Marley Heights, Haslemere, GU27

It's not got a downstairs wet room, therefore no good for anyone with a proper dog.
        The gardens are badly laid out, with high trees all around, so apart from in the height of summer, there's going to be a lot of shade on the bits that haven't been concreted over
        It has no environmental credentials. A house that size you'd want solar panels and probably ground source heating.
        It doesn't have proportionate garage space.

But for the owner, the good news is it's only 5 miles from the nearest BMW dealer
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          It's not got a downstairs wet room, therefore no good for anyone with a proper dog.
          The gardens are badly laid out, with high trees all around, so apart from in the height of summer, there's going to be a lot of shade on the bits that haven't been concreted over
          It has no environmental credentials. A house that size you'd want solar panels and probably ground source heating.

But for the owner, the good news is it's only 5 miles from the nearest BMW dealer
          I'm more concerned about the lack of hot tubs and pole dancing facilities. And a panic room for the coke stash.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Following with interest....
            Why? As I say its BAU for me and I'm sure many others. People still need a house to live in.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Haslemere is a nice area though
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                Haslemere is a nice area though

It's got a tunnel nearby which is great if your mode of transport has a good right foot volume control.

It's also the starting point of Contagion!
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

WTAF?

I guess you're the idiot if you believe that crud.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    WTAF?

I guess you're the idiot if you believe that crud.
                    I think it flew over your head.

Comment

I think it flew over your head.
                      No, we just take what posters say at face value when we think the poster is an idiot...

Granted I can see irony / sarcasm when I re-read the post but my first opinion still holds due to your other posts.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X