• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House market - how low will it go?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    No, we just take what posters say at face value when we think the poster is an idiot...

Granted I can see irony / sarcasm when I re-read the post but my first opinion still holds due to your other posts.
    Yeah Einstein, which ones?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
      Yeah Einstein, which ones?
      That one for starters. Anyone except a complete idiot would know that Einstein was a (theoretical) physicist not a psychologist focused on intelligence (you would be wanting to name check Sternberg, Gardner or Spearman there really)
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        That one for starters. Anyone except a complete idiot would know that Einstein was a (theoretical) physicist not a psychologist focused on intelligence (you would be wanting to name check Sternberg, Gardner or Spearman there really)
        Are you always this boring?

Comment

Wait, you're telling me people will still work, live life, and need places of abode? BULLSHAT! An internet financial guru on YouTube told me the UK's population won't grow, industry will never resume and the existing populace will go and live in the woods.
          Shocking is the level of ignorance in basic statistics regarding the country you live in, assuming it is the UK. The boomers, the largest demographic by far in the UK is pulling out of the workforce. There are less workers in the UK that there was yesterday, a pattern that'll continue for the next 2-3 years.

CURRENT UK POPULATION — age discrimination

And none of that is taking into consideration the falling fertility rate...

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Are you always this boring?
            No. He tries to be alot more boring.

However he is often right....

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              It's got a tunnel nearby which is great if your mode of transport has a good right foot volume control.

It's also the starting point of Contagion!
              Is that the one on the A3?

I went through that by accident because I wasn't paying attention and had missed the turn off at Milford. Took a while before I realised but did have fun through the tunnel.

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
                Why? As I say its BAU for me and I'm sure many others. People still need a house to live in.
                Because Scooty only believes that bad things will happen, mostly to other people. Strange way to see life, but there you are
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I'm always keeping an eye out for a Pied-à-terre in Bath. Cash on standby when bottom strikes...

Here's a nice 2-bed on the Circus.

2 bedroom maisonette for sale in The Circus, Bath, BA1, BA1
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    Because Scooty only believes that abd things will happen, mostly to other people. Strange way to see life, but there you are
                    Seems I was right. 10 seconds later.

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
                      Why? As I say its BAU for me and I'm sure many others. People still need a house to live in.
                      People needed a house in early 2009 too, but I'm not sure what that has to do with asset prices and leverage. The market's going down, obviously. For now, there are neither buyers nor sellers, so everything is on hold until the lockdown is over and the decline in prices will be proportional to the length of the lockdown. So, yeah, BAU.... for now.

Comment

Working...
                      X