• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House market - how low will it go?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cont123 View Post
    any guess what will happened to help to buy property scheme tax payer are already bailing out big companies who will bail out this scheme?
    Any guess when posters will start to use commas or full stops so that sentences start to make sense?
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Any guess when posters will start to use commas or full stops so that sentences start to make sense?
      And stop annoying the Grammar Nazis round here?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        And stop annoying the Grammar Nazis round here?

i normally let things go if you can at least make out the gist of the question. If someone wants to ask a question, even if they're only trolling, then they at least need to put in enough effort so that we can understand what they are asking
        Last edited by Whorty; 4 April 2020, 16:50.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

i normally let things go if you can at least make out the gist of the question. If someone wants to ask a question, even if they'll only trolling, then they at least need to put in enough effort so that we can understand what they are asking
          It does make me wonder, when some posters can't string a comprehensible sentence together, are they cut out to be contractors? They are probably only fit to be our butlers. Well I gave up the Butler when I went permie.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            It does make me wonder, when some posters can't string a comprehensible sentence together, are they cut out to be contractors?
            From what I observed over 25 years contracting, this was on of the defining criteria of a contractor. There were a few exceptions.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
              From what I observed, over 25 years' contracting, this was one of the defining criterion of a contractor. There were a few exceptions.
              FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                FTFY
                He may have been pulling your leg or he may have started early on his home brew
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                  Both very possible, granted. I just felt like being a pedant.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    Or he may be using my favourite trick of ensuring there is a grammatical error in a statement. The error is picked up on and then allows you to imply for ever more that the person who complained about the error accepted the rest of the statement.

I think most posters are fully aware of that trick but it's a great one for forcing never ending email discussions to come to an end.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Or he may be using my favourite trick of ensuring there is a grammatical error in a statement. The error is picked up on and then allows you to imply for ever more that the person who complained about the error accepted the rest of the statement.

I think most posters are fully aware of that trick but it's a great one for forcing never ending email discussions to come to an end.
                      I used to, in the right circumstances, craft the sort of e mails that publicly destroyed combatants in a very polite way.
                      That usually ended the e mail chain, this was then followed by an instant message desperately asking, privately, how they could help
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X