• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House market - how low will it go?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Nope, merely suggesting that you pay the money now rather than twice as much (after fines) later.
    But if they pay double, NLUK gets a larger bonus....

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Evil!
      But I bet you're tempted now to pop over there for a wee laugh?
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        Absolutely! I know sweet FA (about most things as we well know) so I can ask all the noob questions of the sort we enjoy so much here.

Comment

In chatting to the parentals yesterday my Dad mentioned how the sale of my Nan's flat is obviously on hold for a while. They were hoping for one of these charity house clearance people to have taken away most of the furniture but that got cancelled for obvious reasons. So the clearance is delayed, which means the basic spruce up is delayed and so on.

I said I was slightly pleased as it gave me more time to sort myself out and decide whether to buy it.

Comment

Kind of.... got a link
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

In chatting to the parentals yesterday my Dad mentioned how the sale of my Nan's flat is obviously on hold for a while. They were hoping for one of these charity house clearance people to have taken away most of the furniture but that got cancelled for obvious reasons. So the clearance is delayed, which means the basic spruce up is delayed and so on.

I said I was slightly pleased as it gave me more time to sort myself out and decide whether to buy it.
              I could have recommended someone, non charity obvs, but most career thieves I know are obeying lockdown at the moment.
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                I could have recommended someone, non charity obvs, but most career thieves I know are obeying lockdown at the moment.
                Thanks. They have a local charity lined up for when we're all allowed out again so it's unlikely they will start again with someone else.

Comment

Thanks. They have a local charity lined up for when we're all allowed out again so it's unlikely they will start again with someone else.
                  They're total professionals the guys I know.

You won't even know they've been there, apart from everything of value will be gone, of course
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    They're total professionals the guys I know.

You won't even know they've been there, apart from everything of value will be gone, of course
                    Well everything the family wants has been removed. It's just ancient (not in a good way) furniture and tat left. A tidy burglary would be a blessing (I'll check if the contents insurance is paid up first).

Comment

Property prices are (mostly*) driven by supply and demand. In the short term there is zero demand and zero supply, so prices will remain static.
                      This is not entirely true.

If you have a wave of forced-sellers, for example, the newly unemployed or a significant number of newly empty properties ( owners died ), you will enter a situation where the prices fall sharply, rapidly on the basis of a few sales because you have supply but not demand.

That then sets the price for the rest of the market.

Personally I'd like to see a 30 - 40% drop ... but that's because I have adult children who cannot get onto the market.

Comment

Working...
                      X