• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

1984 - Govt is going to track everybody, doomed!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1984 - Govt is going to track everybody, doomed!

“ Google to track travel habits during pandemic
    Google is to publicly track people's movements over the course of the coronavirus pandemic, so that the information can be used by public health officials and others to help manage the outbreak.

The tech firm will publish details of the different types of places people are going to on a county-by-county basis in the UK, as well as similar data for 130 other countries.

The plan is to issue a daily update with the figures referring back to activity from two or three days prior.

The company has promised that individuals' privacy will be preserved.

The readings are based on location data gathered via the Google Maps app or one of the firm's other mobile services.

They will be broken down to reveal how busy some places have been, compared to a period earlier in the year before lockdowns were introduced.”

Coronavirus: US daily deaths reach new peak - BBC News

On it’s just Google, that’s fine then

UK data
    https://www.gstatic.com/covid19/mobi..._Report_en.pdf

Comment

Google are already tracking you: COVID-19 Community Mobility Reports
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Comment

[rant]

If they're going to do that then they need to work on the accuracy of their Location Service.

All too often it used to think I was teleporting about 20 miles away or would like to show the weather in my location, that location being somewhere in central Europe when I was on the Heathrow Express somewhere between Paddington and Heathrow.

I am constantly having to correct and update my Google Timeline because it simply can't fathom where I am even if I am doing the same home - work - home trip multiple times a week.

And! I don't trust anything they say about privacy.

[/rant]

Comment

That’s intentionally done to make you feel relaxed - on reality they know your location in real time up to 30 sm by using chip in your head...

Comment

Turn off mobile data when you go a-wandering. Simples. Or leave your phone at home.

Honestly, you lot. Call yourselves techies?
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                Turn off mobile data when you go a-wandering. Simples. Or leave your phone at home. Honestly, you lot. Call yourselves techies?
                Turned off phone (with battery inside) is still trackable...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  Turn off mobile data when you go a-wandering. Simples. Or leave your phone at home.

Honestly, you lot. Call yourselves techies?
                  Whatever happened to 1G service eh?

Comment

Or use an 18-year old nokia with an untraceable PAYG sim.
                    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Working...
                    X