• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grim predictions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those predictions, meh. Grimest prediction is this blows over too soon so the old game of debt driven consumer society continues with just a hickup.

It needs shooting in the head, double tap to be sure, and something more fitting modern civilsation putting in place that respects the environment and doesn't sell us and our children's futures down the river to places like China where profit matters more than humanitarian standards.

If this virus kills enough idiots (those still mingling on the tube, or thinking they're immune to it as they're special, or religously brainwashed so they think prayer is enough to see them through) then perhaps the bar for human intelligence and therefore future prospects will raise sufficiently that the old game won't be allowed to restart.

Anything to stop Liverpool winning the premier league.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
      Anything to stop Liverpool winning the premier league.
      Did Daragh create Corona Virus?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post

20% reading this thread today - will be dead in 8 weeks time
        20% of me is already dead

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
          Those predictions, meh. Grimest prediction is this blows over too soon so the old game of debt driven consumer society continues with just a hickup.
          l
          Yes, I'd largely go along with that.

Already a lot of the papers seem to be suggesting a relaxing of the lockdown in May and a return to the herd immunity approach. Bearing in mind that the press is often used as an organ to disseminate government information I don't think this should be dismissed lightly.

Then, hopefully, business (almost) as usual by mid summer and the companies that have been helped by the furlough and other schemes can spring back into life.

I guess the big downside to all this is going to be a return to austerity and a huge jacking up of taxes to pay for it all.

Comment

Working...
          X