• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news

Just bought a fill up for the oil tank and at 27p/litre its the cheapest I've ever paid since I've been living in deepest countryside Now all we need is a cure for this virus and access to a reliable antigen / antibody test.

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
    Just bought a fill up for the oil tank and at 27p/litre its the cheapest I've ever paid since I've been living in deepest countryside Now all we need is a cure for this virus and access to a reliable antigen / antibody test.
    So, about £135 for 500 litres. When I lived in deepest Kent, I was paying £350 for the same amount back in the late noughties when the cost of a barrel of oil really went through the roof.

Not really seen this being reflected at the pumps thought. I'm getting diesel at £1,,14 per litre down from a recent high of around £1.35 per litre.

Comment

Cheap fuel prices while country is in lockdown is like a bald man winning a comb in the raffle.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Cheap fuel prices while country is in lockdown is like a bald man winning a comb in the raffle.
        Pubes get nits too

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
          Can you remember how long it took between placing an order and delivery?

Suppliers where we are now are quoting 2-3 week lead times due to Corona.
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Pubes get nits too
            Speak for yourself. Does HWMBO know?

Comment

Originally posted by The Janter Effect View Post
              Not really seen this being reflected at the pumps thought. I'm getting diesel at £1,,14 per litre down from a recent high of around £1.35 per litre.
              Tax on heating oil is only 5%. On petrol and diesel the duty is about 60p a litre, so that's the absolute lowest it can go even if the price of oil goes to zero.
              Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                Tax on heating oil is only 5%. On petrol and diesel the duty is about 60p a litre, so that's the absolute lowest it can go even if the price of oil goes to zero.
                I read something in the week about oil prices going -ve. Let me dig it out....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  I read something in the week about oil prices going -ve. Let me dig it out....
                  Oil prices could soon turn negative as the world runs out of space to store it - CNN

Comment

Fortunately I had mine oil delivered just before the lockdown. Certainly cheaper, shows that tensions (Russia & SA wasn't it? can't be a*ed with the news anymore) can be a good thing as long as they don't involve us
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X