• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moaning neighbour in our block

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's during these hard times we find out which contractors have it hardest, living in a slumblock while some of us are in a detached home where we can make as much noise as we like, and the only time we hear the neighbours is at 8pm on a Thursday where they're out clapping in the street.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
      It's during these hard times we find out which contractors have it hardest, living in a slumblock while some of us are in a detached home where we can make as much noise as we like, and the only time we hear the neighbours is at 8pm on a Thursday where they're out clapping in the street.
      Depends on which part of the country you live, a London flat could easily be worth far more than your detached house
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Well what price true isolation?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Well what price true isolation?
          True.

We were going to leave London, but IR35 and now the virus has put paid to that.

Of course It doesn't help that both Mrs MM and me are/were contractors.

Still, we are a lot better off than a lot of people, so I'm grateful for that
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
          X