• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

keeping it for themselves

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The UK will be okay. As long as senior members of the government don't get in fluenced by large overseas companies trying to destroy the UK...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

This thread is about brown people being nasty and the importance of one day taking vengeance.
      Orange is the new brown?

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Britain can easily become self-sufficient within short period of time - quality of life will drop tho a lot
        Yes. Right. The last time the UK was self sufficient was in the 1830s or so.

Could Britain be self-sufficient in food if shove came to push? - Independence Daily

A more than slightly biased source but quoting a DEFRA report of sorts.

"We" weren't self sufficient during WWII which is why dear old Adolph had Doenitz do his best to sink everything in the Atlantic.

'Twas a close run thing.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Could Britain be self-sufficient in food if shove came to push? - Independence Daily

"We" weren't self sufficient during WWII which is why dear old Adolph had Doenitz do his best to sink everything in the Atlantic.

'Twas a close run thing.
          Robin Page on Twitter

Who to clap this week - how about the people who reap and sow, who herd and look after their flocks - our food - yes all those who work on the land: the shepherds , the farmers, the crofters, the smallholders -those who are producing nearly 50% of our food.

Comment

'Twas a close run thing.
            If all Brexiteers except farmers and agricultural workers were deported, then the UK could be self-sufficient. It just needs some can-do imaginative spirit.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              If all Brexiteers except farmers and agricultural workers were deported, then the UK could be self-sufficient. It just needs some can-do imaginative spirit.
              We could end benefits and get the feckless to do the picking. I bet Dominic Cummings has already thought of that....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                We could end benefits and get the feckless to do the picking. I bet Dominic Cummings has already thought of that....
                I believe DC wishes to kill off all the old and the feckless and get us "professionals" to do the picking.

A Eugenists wet dream
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

There was a time when every back garden around here was planted with veg.

Now, there's just one chap who still bothers.

It started tailing off in the 1980s.

Strangelove Pater was still planting his garden in his 90s.

All I've done is turn that productive garden into a lawn so the idle new owner can mow it badly once in a fecking blue moon.

Similarly my garden is a lawn from top to bottom, with a greenhouse that hasn't seen a tomato plant in 5 years since Strangelove Mater went into a home & stopped nagging me about it.

Comment

There was a time when every back garden around here was planted with veg.

Now, there's just one chap who still bothers.

It started tailing off in the 1980s.

Strangelove Pater was still planting his garden in his 90s.

All I've done is turn that productive garden into a lawn so the idle new owner can mow it badly once in a fecking blue moon.

Similarly my garden is a lawn from top to bottom, with a greenhouse that hasn't seen a tomato plant in 5 years since Strangelove Mater went into a home & stopped nagging me about it.
                    Oh so that's what I'm suppose to do with my patch.

How do you stop squirrels stealing your crop?
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Oh so that's what I'm suppose to do with my patch.

How do you stop squirrels stealing your crop?
                      Not a problem I've encountered around here, though we did have next door but 2's goat eating the cabbages once.

It didn't do it twice.

A mate of mine further down west is plagued with rabbits.

So he just shoots 'em.

I've just remembered that there was a little mouse living in the greenhouse, much to my amusement.

I left it alone.

The mice in the salting house got decimated very rapidly.

The little buggers were climbing up the cavity in the house wall into the back bedroom.

Traps sorted them out.

Comment

Working...
                      X