• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

F***ING P***ed Off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    MOD, HO, FCO and Security Services all have there own self contained secure comms channels. The rest of HMG. listened to, or were bullied into listening to, GDS a few years ago and moved everything the internet using commercially available services because "the market would drive security".

Comment

For those annoyed at the ex Scottish Chief Medical Officer:

I hope she remains in the background influencing, even if it is unpaid. Her advice to government has been said to be first class.

She encouraged Scotland taking action 2 weeks before England bothered to take note and it is thought this has resulted in a less dramatic rise in cases in Scotland for obvious reasons. The PR of her heading to a second home means she couldn't stay, especially as the front for a "Stay At Home!" campaign.

I'm hoping her replacement is just as good because this isn't a position we want to see any policy fluff-ups. This persona fluff-up of hers pales in comparison, but yes, she had to go.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        If a minority is not observing the guidelines then why not deal with that minority??? What is the point in stretching police resources to deal with the majority who obey the rules? All governments are idiots!
        I agree with you. BUT in case of emergency, a blanket ban on something is far easier to understand for the masses. If people are confused what they should be doing to the extent it is causing risk to life, simpler just to ban going outside so confusion is lost.

To their credit UKGov is doing their best NOT to enforce stricter measures, unlike our EU friends. But their hand may be forced.

Of course, sunbathing a few metres from anyone else is not dangerous but the issue is everyone congregates. Find somewhere isolated and you won't upset anyone.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          To their credit UKGov is doing their best NOT to enforce stricter measures.
          Or to their discredit, depending on your stance.

We've missed our chance to track and trace, to test, to gear up alternative domestic manufacturing - because of this conflict between politics and reality.

Nicely nicely, populist, pretending to not be trying in vain to protect the economy. It's going to be far better for everyone concerned if we get this virus under control, with speedy harsh measures than it is to pussy foot around to protect an economy we are arguably damaging by drawing this out.

The sooner we follow the lead of countries that have "flattened their curve" the sooner we will. But oh no, we're Boris's Britain, we don't need advice , supplies, or assistance from anyone.

Comment

I agree with you. BUT in case of emergency, a blanket ban on something is far easier to understand for the masses. If people are confused what they should be doing to the extent it is causing risk to life, simpler just to ban going outside so confusion is lost.

To their credit UKGov is doing their best NOT to enforce stricter measures, unlike our EU friends. But their hand may be forced.

Of course, sunbathing a few metres from anyone else is not dangerous but the issue is everyone congregates. Find somewhere isolated and you won't upset anyone.
            A clear blanket ban is an effective public health measure. It's like airport security SOPs. Sometimes individual actions seem daft, but overall it's effective.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              A clear blanket ban is an effective public health measure. It's like airport security SOPs. Sometimes individual actions seem daft, but overall it's effective.
              Like our current airport Secuity on incoming people

= none existent

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
                For those annoyed at the ex Scottish Chief Medical Officer:

She encouraged Scotland taking action 2 weeks before England bothered to take note and it is thought this has resulted in a less dramatic rise in cases in Scotland for obvious reasons.
                I thought it was because we're so much healthier up here
                If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

No, the issue is that people should be staying at home and only going out for exercise, essential shopping, etc.

A person with the virus goes out sunbathing. gets up, someone else without the virus lies down on the same spot. Guess what?

A person with the virus goes out, leaves some litter behind. Guess what?

Are you saying you don't care about anyone else?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It's about minimising risk, not eliminating it. And about ensuring that you're electable after this is over...
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      It's about minimising damage to the people who vote for you, not eliminating all of them. And about ensuring that you're electable after this is over...
                      First time I've done that, I feel all cheeky and that.

Comment

Working...
                      X