• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris admitted to hospital

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've heard quite a lot of solid Labour supporters, including fairly dyed-in-the-wool types, reluctantly admitting they're quite impressed with Boris' handling of CV. Robbed of political bluster and being serious he comes across far better IMO.

I've heard a LOT of people praising Rishi, from all sides of the political spectrum. A future leader?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Stolen. From the brother of a coronavirus victim...

Boris Johnson.

A man who has lived his entire life recklessly, selfishly, irresponsibly; without any regard for the consequences. Because he's never needed to. His enormous privilege has protected him from any repercussions.

He is a proven pathological liar, swaggering through the years with no empathy or concern for anyone but himself. Indeed, recently bragging about shaking hands with Corona virus patients. As if it was just another laugh; a jape; just another moment in a life less honourable.

There is a grim irony to him finally, in this manner, being confronted by the consequences of his behaviour. Even he can't lie & bluster his way out of this mess.

One can only hope that the Prime Minister, as he languishes in intensive care, courtesy of the NHS that he and his party have done so much to destroy, deeply regrets the cheering & jeering doled out to nurses by he and his colleagues; when they voted down a payrise for those heroes. If he's lucky he'll now be finding out exactly how valuable these people are.

My brother, sadly, wasn't lucky.
      Jas, 54, died of Covid-19 in Nottingham's Queens Medical Centre a week last Saturday night. Unlike the Prime Minister there was no ventilator for Jas.
      'Operation: Last Gasp', right, Prime Minister?

I then stood on an empty street, shouting to be heard over the wind, no privacy, no dignity, to tell an old man on a doorstep his child had died. The most indescribably awful duty I've ever had to carry out.

There will, of course, be those idiots, those hypocrites, those bootlickers, who will condemn me for 'politicising' both my own loss & Boris Johnson's condition. They can't grasp that politicians making political decisions and political choices impact people's lives. And sometimes end them. As Jas found out.

Do I wish Johnson dead? No. Do I wish dead the selfish, the greedy and the stupid who voted for him and still, even now, support him? Those who were perfectly happy to ignore the systematic destruction of the NHS while they were all right Jack? Again, no.

My sympathy, however, remains with the terrified & heartbroken victims of this crisis. The appalling & callous mishandling of which is unavoidably the responsibility of Boris Johnson.

It would be nice to think that lessons will be learned; that, individually and collectively, we will discover our self-respect and understand that governments only ever treat us the way we allow; that, when this is over, an enormous reorganisation of the nation’s priorities will be undertaken, by both the politicians and the electorate; that, at last, people will concern themselves with the value of others and much less with the cost of things.

If Boris Johnson, in any way, might be that catalyst then he will have done at least one noble thing in his life.

My breath, however, remains unheld.
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Stolen. From the brother of a coronavirus victim...
        Assuming this is real and not a fake internet post (there are lots about!) it reads like the anger of a man suffering from grief and loss who needs someone to blame. Boris is an easy target.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          Assuming this is real and not a fake internet post (there are lots about!) it reads like the anger of a man suffering from grief and loss who needs someone to blame. Boris is an easy target.
          From a nurse:

If you clap for PM Johnson tonight, your clap for me and my NHS colleagues last week was just an empty smack in the face.

New Zealand locked down early, followed the WHO’s extensive testing advice and have so far suffered only ONE fatality.
          Our government and it's incompetent leadership chose a different approach.
          An approach that has resulted in 5373 deaths, including multiple NHS staff.

The last time Johnson and the Conservatives clapped for me, they were cheering a pay cap for nurses.

Just stay the **** inside.
          Last edited by darmstadt; 8 April 2020, 07:27.
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

From a nurse:

Fine by me ... I didn't clap last week and I won't be clapping this week. I'll be following advice and staying at home

Oh, and you've referenced 2 separate unrelated points and tried to join the dots. The first guy is angry that his brother died and Boris got a ventilator when his brother didn't (this is not true) and the second is a rant from a nurse who wants a pay rise.
            Last edited by Whorty; 8 April 2020, 07:35.
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

From a nurse:

one of yours, or one of ours? Erik?

Comment

Reminds me of that Yes Prime Minister episode when they talk about anti-smoking fanatics, such as the BMA!
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  I've heard quite a lot of solid Labour supporters, including fairly dyed-in-the-wool types, reluctantly admitting they're quite impressed with Boris' handling of CV. Robbed of political bluster and being serious he comes across far better IMO.

I've heard a LOT of people praising Rishi, from all sides of the political spectrum. A future leader?
                  Shame about the herd immunity nonsense. Also, all that "I'm going to keep shaking hands with people" isn't looking so clever now.

Rishi looks like a very rare beast of a sane and clever Tory cabinet minister.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    one of yours, or one of ours? Erik?
                    White or coloured?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

Rishi looks like a very rare beast of a sane and clever Tory cabinet minister.

And he's got the Wail backing him.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X