• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris admitted to hospital

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great stuff, he'd rather ignore medical advice to rest than handover his power!

Nice to know he's not a man of double standards though, he's willing to ignore medical advice when it comes to his own health, as well as the populace of London.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
      Great stuff, he'd rather ignore medical advice to rest than handover his power!

Nice to know he's not a man of double standards though, he's willing to ignore medical advice when it comes to his own health, as well as the populace of London.
      He went to Eton. Rules are for the little people.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        So you're okay with pedophiles?
        Paedophiles? Doing what, exactly?

Jonny Pelham review – darkest of subjects brings compassion and hilarity | Stage | The Guardian

This comedian did an excellent stint at the Edinburgh Festival last year.

It seems many paedophiles were either born that way or abused themselves and had sexuality activated sooner, which in some people results in a skewed sexual preference as a result.

As highlighted in this comedian's show: many of them never commit any crimes, never look at any type of images, illegal or legal, of children and are aware of why they are in a bad way. It would be inhumane to recognise that many of them didn't choose to be that way and do not cause harm by recognising the incorrect feelings they have and manage successfully to do so throughout their entire lives.

I was disappointed to read your post as some more context around such a comment is required.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post

Jonny Pelham review – darkest of subjects brings compassion and hilarity | Stage | The Guardian

It seems many paedophiles were either born that way or abused themselves and had sexuality activated sooner, which in some people results in a skewed sexual preference as a result.

As highlighted in this comedian's show: many of them never commit any crimes, never look at any type of images, illegal or legal, of children and are aware of why they are in a bad way. It would be inhumane to recognise that many of them didn't choose to be that way and do not cause harm by recognising the incorrect feelings they have and manage successfully to do so throughout their entire lives.

I was disappointed to read your post as some more context around such a comment is required.
          Scoots has got himself muddled up between paedophiles and child abusers.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post

Indeed there seems to be a link between those that are abused and those that then abuse, disgusting as the crimes are, the solution may be understanding and treating the cause.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I would urge anybody to try see Jonny doing this show, if he's still performing it.

He was abused as a child by a trusted adult over a period of years, but the way in which he spoke of loving that person at the time as a respected figure was eye opening to the true nature of this illegal and abhorrent relationships, for relationships is what they are instigated by the person in a position of power.

Highlight of the festival for me, particularly the fact he managed to make the story arc hilarious too. Quite a feat, given the subject matter. Superb comedian and little known.

Comment

He was on Live at the Apollo a few weeks ago.
                And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
                  He was on Live at the Apollo a few weeks ago.
                  Wow that's pretty damn good.

I've got to say I'm shocked at this - I had no idea his Fringe festival act was this. I saw him at one of his first gigs in the "free slot". He's got a speech impediment / breathing problem too.

I'm a regular at the Stand , go every week and love the comedy scene and know this chap really well; he's never alluded to anything like this .

He's a good act and really proud of him for being able to discuss it. I wonder how it feels for him at these gigs, cos I've been to a few where people make a few too many jokes about the subject!

Comment

Boris off to intensive care

UK PM Boris Johnson taken to intensive care - BBC News

Comment

He's just gone into ICU ... not looking good for him. I'm not his biggest fan, but I hope he pulls through.
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X