• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris admitted to hospital

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
    The DWP have just done an assessment and found him fit for work
    Harsh...
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic View Post

and had 3 doctor friends die already.
      That's really bad

In other news got me a contract today for 3 months woop woop.
      OK it's not the right thread for it, but have some

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Harsh...
        But Fair.

257 days & counting.

So he's beaten George Canning.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Is there a grassy gnoll anywhere?
          What, one of these?
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Harsh...
            Accurate - their entire process is built around valid claimants having to appeal.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

What he can't believe is A lot of people still not taking it serious enough. Highly advised me to stay in and not even go to shops from last week for at least two or 3 weeks. Said it's gonna get real bad very soon and already a week ago they are making decisions who should go on ventilators which I was shocked that it's already at that stage.

I'm no fan of Boris but don't want him dead!
              Indeed - there's still idiots out there saying the media are blowing this up.

No fan either but perhaps he'll show a little humility if he pulls through. Life changing events have that effect.
              Last edited by scooterscot; 7 April 2020, 09:26.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

What is a bit tricky are the comments from cabinet members and friends all saying how healthy and robust he is, and how if anyone can get better from this he can.

Turns into a bit of a "oh crap!" story if the worst outcome happens as it then reveals that being fit and healthy is no measure of survivability.

Maybe that's the sort of news needed to shake people into taking it seriously. Not really an outcome I'd wish on anyone for proving a point though.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Turns into a bit of a "oh crap!" story if the worst outcome happens as it then reveals that being fit and healthy is no measure of survivability. .
                  Not sure if Boris belongs to that category.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Not sure if Boris belongs to that category.
                    You never read the first sentence

Comment

Comments in the Guardian.... spot on...

I only partly agree with Jon Ashworth. Johnson is a father, son and partner, and I wish him back with his family as soon as possible. But we don't need him back running the country. His lies have done immense damage to the country, and his dithering in this crisis has cost lives. So I wish him a recovery to health, followed by a retirement to obscurity.

The most damaging thing to have emerged from yesterday is that the urge to spin is so ingrained and habitual, that shortly before Johnson was admitted, Raab couldn't tell the truth about Johnson's condition. As I said yesterday, I can't fathom the benefit in lying about Johnson's condition.

Trust was in short supply. It just got shorter.

When was the last confirmation that Johnson is well and going about his business as PM? Sort of 2 hours before he went in intensive care, I think?
                      This government will never stop lying at the people. I mean, whatever subject you take, it is so obvious they are all limping behind the facts with their half-hearted confessions and turns.

Comment

Working...
                      X