• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coronavirus - Not so positive side effect

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coronavirus - Not so positive side effect

Domestic abuse calls up since lockdown. Probably not that surprising given there is a rise too during the Christmas break, followed by a rise of divorces. More broken families.

Domestic Abuse up
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Another side effect that kinda makes sense but something you wouldn't have guessed when trying to list impacts of this.

Not good this one. Where it's inconvenient for most it must be be absolute hell for these poor people
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Another side effect that kinda makes sense but something you wouldn't have guessed when trying to list impacts of this.

Not good this one. Where it's inconvenient for most it must be be absolute hell for these poor people
      It was something we had talked about recently; my Wife's Mom works at a solicitors and they always get a rise in divorce calls over the Christmas period (they even get messages left on their phones on Christmas day!). Unfortunately, forcing people to spend time together when they're not that happy normally, then put them under financial strains on top, was always going to be a price to pay.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if the Police are getting inundated with "domestics" at the moment.
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          It was something we had talked about recently; my Wife's Mom works at a solicitors and they always get a rise in divorce calls over the Christmas period (they even get messages left on their phones on Christmas day!). Unfortunately, forcing people to spend time together when they're not that happy normally, then put them under financial strains on top, was always going to be a price to pay.
          I know of two couples that have recently split up and are having to live together to make the family work over the period. One is very amicable, bit older so just there for each others company really, no great sweats. The other has two young boys around 10. I imagine the that one is a proper nightmare for all.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

UK lawyers inundated by divorced parents arguing over lockdown custody | World news | The Guardian

As always, it's the kids who suffer

Comment

Working...
            X