Private School Fees - School refusing to reduce fees during summer term Private School Fees - School refusing to reduce fees during summer term - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Posts 51 to 60 of 70

More time posting than coding

KinooOrKinog has more data than eek

Quote Originally Posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Was wondering if anybody else has their children and private schools (it's not a luxury for me as state schools in region are not up to scratch) and has had to deal with a school being completely unreasonable.

A large group of parents has sent them a few letters and so far their continued stance of no reduction in fees has continued.
    If your child had to be off long term sick would you expect them to hold your child's place & partially refund you? You can either pay up or take your child out altogether.
    I don't have kids in private school, but I am still paying everything I was before because I want the businesses to still be there when all this is over. Although, I'm quite lucky that I haven't been terminated or furloughed. It's a difficult time for everyone but they're running a business, not a charity.
    Last edited by KinooOrKinog; 7th April 2020 at 06:48.
    If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

My post count is Majestic

MarillionFan is a fount of knowledge

Was wondering if anybody else has their children and private schools (it's not a luxury for me as state schools in region are not up to scratch) and has had to deal with a school being completely unreasonable.

A large group of parents has sent them a few letters and so far their continued stance of no reduction in fees has continued.
    Ours has knocked 10% off but they’ve also furloughed almost all of their teachers at this moment so seems like they’re having their cake and eating it. I for one don’t think it’s a luxury having the kids in a private school will ensure they don’t land up as losers like Eek
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

bored now

eek is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Ours has knocked 10% off but they’ve also furloughed almost all of their teachers at this moment so seems like they’re having their cake and eating it. I for one don’t think it’s a luxury having the kids in a private school will ensure they don’t land up as losers like Eek
    GPWM
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Nervous Newbie

jatinder has no reputation

Quote Originally Posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
    It's a difficult time for everyone but they're running a business, not a charity.
    I thought most UK private schools were registered as charities - not businesses.

I can see the case for payment of enough fees to keep the school running (some salaries, maintenance etc) But if there's no "major" teaching, then some staff should be furloughed, fees reduced etc.

--Jatinder

Richer than sasguru

DimPrawn is always on top

If you have that option and/or are able to afford the houses in that area. For practical reasons this was difficult and the schools we looked into had such a large waiting list for those extremely local it wasn’t worthwhile..... As I said, many factors
    If you buy into an area with good schools, you will pay a premium, but as long as the surrounding schools remain good, you will get that premium back when you sell up when the blighters go to university.

Contrast with private school fees, which are a bit like renting, dead money.

HTH BIDI
    SARS-CoV-2 - Finally something from China that still works as designed.

I live on CUK

Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

The apple never falls far from the tree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Fingers like lightning

BlueSharp is NOT a disguised employee

My child's school have suspended next terms fee's on the basis they don't expect to be open at all until September . If the school does open next term then the pro-rataed amount will be charged. No discounts have been offered or expected for the last two weeks.

Nervous Newbie

TupNorth has no reputation

Mine has placed all borders on the day pupil rate and further reduced the day pupil rate by 20% while they operate remote learning via Teams until such point the school can re-open.

I live on CUK

Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

I have smart hard-working kids who thrive in the local state primary school and who will do likewise in the local state secondary school. School is providing work to do, but we're mostly ignoring that and doing a combination of interesting maths, gardening and raspberry pi projects. A real chance to get a proper education.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Double Godlike!

LondonManc is a fount of knowledge

Some call it a luxury, others call it a sacrifice.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist