• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Private School Fees - School refusing to reduce fees during summer term

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Maybe try to keep the drinking until evening. It's hard when you're trapped in the flat with no garden and a family who hate you but still.
    Ironically the one poster on this thread I thought was on the sauce due to the rubbish they've written on this thread is you.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Maybe try to keep the drinking until evening. It's hard when you're trapped in the flat with no garden and a family who hate you but still.
      well you would know. bampot.
      my garden's fine, thanks

Comment

Well fools do like company eek. Bunch of armchair experts...
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

State schools do of course also do a good job of indoctrinating kids with the government's current views. For example, the change in view from taxation being a necessary evil to a moral duty, seismic shifts in climate and immigration and LGBT views, etc. Often these are good things but you don't get much choice... little Timmy or Tarquin IS going to come out with whichever world-view they're fed unless their parents are very active. e.g they're told Brexit is bad, open borders are good, avoiding tax legally is evil, blah blah.
          What a load of absolute crud.

Still, tend to expect such illogic from a churchy type.

Teaching kids to recognise if they feel depressed, are gay/trans/LGBTQ+ and such is to stop them losing an important era of their life in trying to ignore or change something that is clearly innate. You can't teach somebody to be gay, only to recognise if they are gay and how to deal with the process rather than induce years of mental illness from denialism.

Perhaps state non-denomination schools are also able to discuss the notion that your god (uncapitalised) doesn't exist, as evidenced by the numerous children dying all the time through no fault of their own. I see your head is in the sand and won't be removed any time soon.

Absolute fanny.
          Last edited by rogerfederer; 6 April 2020, 16:40.

Comment

Well fools do like company eek. Bunch of armchair experts...
            Well you've so far accused (without evidence) a school of committing fraud via profiteering and shown that you know nothing about the Governments requirements for education over the summer term (which in a lot of cases will be via online via Teams).

And you've also reminded me how homophobic a lot of churches (and church goers are)..
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
              We have taken the approach that we don't want them to be out of pocket but they would be expected to make a small contribution. a 20-30% reduction would be the minimum that should be offered given there won't be much of a service.
              Seems fair enough. Times like these will tell you what comes first, business or education.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Actually I'm working to try and get them into the best local grammar schools but that plan is a few years away yet....
                So what private school are they in at the moment? I presumed in your OP that you meant a local grammar
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Decided against private schools for a little ones here... Mostly just because the local school is excellent. And perhaps a little of not having to hang out with 'that sort'.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Was wondering if anybody else has their children and private schools (it's not a luxury for me as state schools in region are not up to scratch) and has had to deal with a school being completely unreasonable.

A large group of parents has sent them a few letters and so far their continued stance of no reduction in fees has continued.
                    I bet they have a big waiting list, thus good way of weeding out the wrong sort of family’s (poor folk, not land owners etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      Decided against private schools for a little ones here... Mostly just because the local school is excellent. And perhaps a little of not having to hang out with 'that sort'.
                      What, clever folk?
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X