• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chicago ER doctor explains why coronavirus pandemic "scares" him

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicago ER doctor explains why coronavirus pandemic "scares" him

Difficult watching... but important to know what's happening on the front lines...

Someone on here put me onto watching Dr Hope's sick notes - highly recommend.

YouTube

Another Dr's vlog in New York:

YouTube

Must watching for everyone - know how this £@$@ decease gets you...

HOW COVID-19 KILLS--I'm a Surgeon--And Why We Can't Save You

YouTube
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

That final link is woeful imo. (I think I'm the Dr Hope fan btw, especially if you look at his background, he was one of us once).

Kurzgesagt Coronavirus is much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
      That final link is woeful imo. (I think I'm the Dr Hope fan btw, especially if you look at his background, he was one of us once).

Kurzgesagt Coronavirus is much better.

Indeed it is woeful.. the interesting takeaways I picked up on helped me understand the use case for ventilator... but got the impression if you're having to use one then it is already too late, with mortality increasing to 80% by some hospitals at the ventilator stage Makes me wonder if the effort to manufacture more would be better spent on testing.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
      X