• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Possible advanced virus treatments we haven't heard much about

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've heard drinking the spunk of wealthy Swindonians gives some protection.

Form an orderly queue please (2m apart).

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
      Shurely shom mishtake?
      the rarity is what gives it's potency

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Have yourself some Turmeric in warm water, get the immune system off to a good start. And rest... sounds stupid, avoiding the news is difficult for sure, but good sleep is the best drug of all.
        Turmeric?

Seriously, that stuff does sweet FA unless you're willing to ingest pretty much your body weight of the stuff.

And! Stop adding so much to curry! No genuine curry receipe needs tablespoons of it, it doesn't add to the flavour and just stains everything it touches.

Why latest turmeric trend is another health fad | The Independent

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Turmeric?

Seriously, that stuff does sweet FA unless you're willing to ingest pretty much your body weight of the stuff.

And! Stop adding so much to curry! No genuine curry receipe needs tablespoons of it, it doesn't add to the flavour and just stains everything it touches.

Why latest turmeric trend is another health fad | The Independent
          Have you read any of his stock market "predictions" thread
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Amid all the round-the-clock reporting I have on in the background while working from home, and the news sites, one thing I haven't heard mentioned yet is advanced techniques for assisted breathing.

It seems the majority of corona patients who flake out do so because breathing even oxygen through a mask becomes too arduous due to fluid building up in the lungs.

But what about the equivalent of an "iron lung", to actually bypass the lungs and how about Liquid Breathing technology, as seen in that film The Abyss?

Any thoughts? I can only assume that if there aren't enough masks then there certainly won't be enough iron lungs or other advanced equipment.

Originally posted by Old Greg
            Iron lungs.
            Seems I was ahead of my time back in April (Old Greg, take note! )

2021-01-19 New '21st Century iron lung' ventilator designed by British experts could revolutionise Covid treatment by taking patients out of intensive care wards
            Last edited by OwlHoot; 20 January 2021, 11:00.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

You tricked me into clicking a Daily Fail link

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

You tricked me into clicking a Daily Fail link

Hehe! You forgot to hover!

Actually, a few of their articles are quite interesting if you ignore their weather hyperbole, Wayne Rooney obsession, makeover trivialities, "you're doing it wrong" idiocies, "X can give you cancer" hypochondria, anything political, unhinged reader comments, etc, etc

But the weird thing is that after reading a Daily Rooney article, it always feels like one has read everything three or four times. Maybe they think their readers are so stupid that everything has to be repeated several times for it to sink in!
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                X