Anyone Planning a Holiday In June Anyone Planning a Holiday In June - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 35

TykeLike

SimonMac is always on top

Those tricky bastards, it's almost like saying all flights are cancelled for the foreseeable future will mean 100,000s of phone calls, where as saying all flights until 17th June are cancelled will only mean 10,000's of calls meaning those with upcoming flights will get theirs rebooked or refunded first.
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Godlike

ladymuck is always on top

I managed to get a refund and a voucher from BA for the weekend away I didn't have in March. I suspect they'll figure that one out eventually. Maybe.

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Get cash now. Worry about refunds later.
    Enough about the Antilles scheme. What about Jet2?
    Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.

I live on CUK

Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Enough about the Antilles scheme. What about Jet2?
    Don't get cross with me because you picked the wrong scheme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Super poster

CheeseSlice 's job has never been outsourced

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Get cash now. Worry about refunds later.
    You may joke but I think airlines are doing this for real. Easyjet are late paying refunds and trying to get out them by hiding thr refund button on their website for cancelled flights. Twitter is raging right now.

They know damn well these flights wont go anywhere. Its all about short term liquidity. The cash for that flight in June will pay the refund for a flight cancelled in March..

FCO just last weekend extended the global travel ban indefinitey. Those buying flights for june wont be getting a refund as there wont be any August flights sold to pay for them.

I live on CUK

Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    You may joke but I think airlines are doing this for real. Easyjet are late paying refunds and trying to get out them by hiding thr refund button on their website for cancelled flights. Twitter is raging right now.

They know damn well these flights wont go anywhere. Its all about short term liquidity. The cash for that flight in June will pay the refund for a flight cancelled in March..

FCO just last weekend extended the global travel ban indefinitey. Those buying flights for june wont be getting a refund as there wont be any August flights sold to pay for them.
    I wasn't joking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

BardLike

AlfredJPruffock has more data than eek

I plan a wee holiday at the picturesque resort of Hameldaeme

Scottish words: Hameldaeme

It’s a frequently asked question – Where are you going for your holidays? – and the answer is quite often Hameldaeme. No it isn’t a picturesque village or a scenic area, it translates as home will do me – and it means that there’s no travelling involved in this year’s holiday as you’re staying at home.

Hameldaeme is a great place if you get some good weather too but I don’t think anywhere is enjoying that this year.

Hameldaeme – hame rhymes with tame, then there’s a short ‘l’ sound, dae rhymes with say, and the sound dae is where you put the emphasis, then finish it off with a quick me sound, more like mi really. Does that make sense?

Super poster

CheeseSlice 's job has never been outsourced

Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    EasyJet encouraging rebooking, but will wait till they cancel and get money back.
    You may find they cant do the refund. They cancelled my flight in March so I requested a refund. However, they're late in paying so I've now resorted to a Section 75 credit card claim.

Looks like they're on their knees due to Covid. Some more liquidity obtained this week but for how long? Covid Corporate Financing Facility & RCF drawdown

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

WTFH has reached the peak. Play again?

FCO advise that all non-essential travel is now off indefinitely. It was supposed to be "up for review" on 16th April

Foreign Office warns Brits to avoid travelling abroad indefinitely - Manchester Evening News
    Practice social posting
    Stay Alert
    - Moderate the Posts -Save Face
    Together we can beat the CV offenders

Godlike

ladymuck is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    FCO advise that all non-essential travel is now off indefinitely. It was supposed to be "up for review" on 16th April

Foreign Office warns Brits to avoid travelling abroad indefinitely - Manchester Evening News
    I heard about that last week I think. Doesn't bode well at all...