• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone Planning a Holiday In June

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those tricky bastards, it's almost like saying all flights are cancelled for the foreseeable future will mean 100,000s of phone calls, where as saying all flights until 17th June are cancelled will only mean 10,000's of calls meaning those with upcoming flights will get theirs rebooked or refunded first.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I managed to get a refund and a voucher from BA for the weekend away I didn't have in March. I suspect they'll figure that one out eventually. Maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Get cash now. Worry about refunds later.
        Enough about the Antilles scheme. What about Jet2?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Enough about the Antilles scheme. What about Jet2?
          Don't get cross with me because you picked the wrong scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Get cash now. Worry about refunds later.
            You may joke but I think airlines are doing this for real. Easyjet are late paying refunds and trying to get out them by hiding thr refund button on their website for cancelled flights. Twitter is raging right now.

They know damn well these flights wont go anywhere. Its all about short term liquidity. The cash for that flight in June will pay the refund for a flight cancelled in March..

FCO just last weekend extended the global travel ban indefinitey. Those buying flights for june wont be getting a refund as there wont be any August flights sold to pay for them.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
              You may joke but I think airlines are doing this for real. Easyjet are late paying refunds and trying to get out them by hiding thr refund button on their website for cancelled flights. Twitter is raging right now.

They know damn well these flights wont go anywhere. Its all about short term liquidity. The cash for that flight in June will pay the refund for a flight cancelled in March..

FCO just last weekend extended the global travel ban indefinitey. Those buying flights for june wont be getting a refund as there wont be any August flights sold to pay for them.
              I wasn't joking.

Comment

I plan a wee holiday at the picturesque resort of Hameldaeme

Scottish words: Hameldaeme

It’s a frequently asked question – Where are you going for your holidays? – and the answer is quite often Hameldaeme. No it isn’t a picturesque village or a scenic area, it translates as home will do me – and it means that there’s no travelling involved in this year’s holiday as you’re staying at home.

Hameldaeme is a great place if you get some good weather too but I don’t think anywhere is enjoying that this year.

Hameldaeme – hame rhymes with tame, then there’s a short ‘l’ sound, dae rhymes with say, and the sound dae is where you put the emphasis, then finish it off with a quick me sound, more like mi really. Does that make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  EasyJet encouraging rebooking, but will wait till they cancel and get money back.
                  You may find they cant do the refund. They cancelled my flight in March so I requested a refund. However, they're late in paying so I've now resorted to a Section 75 credit card claim.

Looks like they're on their knees due to Covid. Some more liquidity obtained this week but for how long? Covid Corporate Financing Facility & RCF drawdown

Comment

FCO advise that all non-essential travel is now off indefinitely. It was supposed to be "up for review" on 16th April

Foreign Office warns Brits to avoid travelling abroad indefinitely - Manchester Evening News
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      FCO advise that all non-essential travel is now off indefinitely. It was supposed to be "up for review" on 16th April

Foreign Office warns Brits to avoid travelling abroad indefinitely - Manchester Evening News
                      I heard about that last week I think. Doesn't bode well at all...

Comment

Working...
                      X