• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone Planning a Holiday In June

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luckily I got a refund from Lufthansa as I was meant to be in Poughkeepsie last week. Had booked the ticket as one of those ones where you can cancel as even back when I booked it, wasn't too sure if travel would be curtailed, and as soon as the meetings were announced that they would be 'virtual' cancelled and they paid up.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      FCO advise that all non-essential travel is now off indefinitely. It was supposed to be "up for review" on 16th April

Foreign Office warns Brits to avoid travelling abroad indefinitely - Manchester Evening News
      I have a holiday booked for the end of June to the Dominican Republic. Hoping it gets cancelled. Can't say I'm overly keen on taking my family to a 3rd world country while this is still going on.

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
        I have a holiday booked for the end of June to the Dominican Republic. Hoping it gets cancelled. Can't say I'm overly keen on taking my family to a 3rd world country while this is still going on.
        Call the whover you booked it with and see what their policy is. Did you take out travel insurance at the same time, or soon after, booking? Some insurances will pay out if you booked the holiday before (I think) the 23rd March where the tour operator won't give a full refund on cancellation.

Also, depending on who you booked with, you need consider whether they will still exist to refund you if you leave until closer to the time.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Call the whover you booked it with and see what their policy is. Did you take out travel insurance at the same time, or soon after, booking? Some insurances will pay out if you booked the holiday before (I think) the 23rd March where the tour operator won't give a full refund on cancellation.

Also, depending on who you booked with, you need consider whether they will still exist to refund you if you leave until closer to the time.

Why can't one just arrange their own transport?

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

Why can't one just arrange their own transport?

I don't think it's the transport that's the issue.

I would seem the OP has decided the Dominican Republic is a third world country and therefore not deserving of a visit from them and their family. However, a quick trip to look at the poor was acceptable at time of booking.

It's understandable. It can be quite perturbing to look at poor people.

Comment

I don't think it's the transport that's the issue.

I would seem the OP has decided the Dominican Republic is a third world country and therefore not deserving of a visit from them and their family. However, a quick trip to look at the poor was acceptable at time of booking.

It's understandable. It can be quite perturbing to look at poor people.
              He could always see whether Branson has availability on Necker, he hates poor people so there should be no such issue for the OP if going there
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

June 2021 should be great - vaccine is expected by then...

Comment

Just had an unpleasant thought.

Comment

It can be quite perturbing to look at poor people.
                    Or one can laugh at them. Do you know CUK has users who don't have butlers!

Comment

FTFY

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Or one can laugh at them. Do you know CUK has users who don't have house keeping teams!

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X