• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone Planning a Holiday In June

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Planning a Holiday In June

Jet2 seem to think we're back to normal from the 17th of June! Wishful thinking if you ask me. Or more than likely a way to allow them to collect payments for flights/holidays booked after that date.

Jet2 announces when flights will begin again - Daily Record

Originally posted by pjt View Post
    Jet2 seem to think we're back to normal from the 17th of June! Wishful thinking if you ask me. Or more than likely a way to allow them to collect payments for flights/holidays booked after that date.

Jet2 announces when flights will begin again - Daily Record
    Get cash now. Worry about refunds later.

Comment

Latest ruse by some cruise lines is to only cancel cruises within balance due window then cancel when all the cash has come in and offer the punters a 120% future cruise credit or your money back in 2 years if you don't use the FCC. If they do a full refund its 30 to 90 days before you get your money back. Funny how the 2021 cruises have gone up by 25%. To be fair to Jet2 they did refund a cancelled flight immediately once I'd gotten through on the phone after trying for 2 weeks

The worst are the insurance companies who simply don't want to pay or take any responsibility for anything related to Coronavirus Luckily not had to make an insurance claim yet

Comment

I have hols planned for the first two weeks of June.

Flights have not yet been cancelled. Will need to review it all in about a month and see what call to make.

Comment

Yeah, I've a flight with EasyJet booked for end of June...
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Yes - but we'll drive across the continent rather than use the airport.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              I have hols planned for the first two weeks of June.

Flights have not yet been cancelled. Will need to review it all in about a month and see what call to make.
              I've got flights and hotel booked for end of June in Edinburgh.

IHG now offering refunds up till end of June, but slightly complicated as I paid (via Hotels.com) with Tesco vouchers, so dunno how that's gonna work...

EasyJet encouraging rebooking, but will wait till they cancel and get money back.

Comment

Who's June?
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I have thought that when this is over, there may be a brief window to visit places while they are still far far quieter than normal. There are so many iconic locations we simply wouldn't go to because even in my lifetime they've gone from busy to ruinously (to my taste) overcrowded. Rome, Niagra, New Yoik, yada yada.

June sounds pretty early to me though. Risky too.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    I have thought that when this is over, there may be a brief window to visit places while they are still far far quieter than normal. There are so many iconic locations we simply wouldn't go to because even in my lifetime they've gone from busy to ruinously (to my taste) overcrowded. Rome, Niagra, New Yoik, yada yada.

June sounds pretty early to me though. Risky too.
                    There was a tiny window of opportunity where tourism was falling off a cliff and it could have been relatively safe to visit some places due to a distinct lack of overcrowding.

Comment

Working...
                    X