• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Investing in stocks when contracting for a bank

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    You smell of wee and poo and jelly babies and and and.
    FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel View Post
      Well you have to get approval for any buys or sells.
      Why don't you phone up the ' guy' in compliance and sort how to do it. When I worked in a bank they had an automated approval, and it took a few seconds.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        Why don't you phone up the ' guy' in compliance and sort how to do it. When I worked in a bank they had an automated approval, and it took a few seconds.
        Because he wants complete strangers, who have no skin in the game, to tell him it's OK to ignore the bank's policies and he won't get caught and fired (and then presumably black listed from a whole list of other Financial Services clients).
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          Because he wants complete strangers, who have no skin in the game, to tell him it's OK to ignore the bank's policies and he won't get caught and fired (and then presumably black listed from a whole list of other Financial Services clients).
          That’s not true mate. But thanks for your input.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            The issue is that you can only use a select few brokers and have restrictions on when you can buy and sell. I didn’t realise that such restrictions are placed on contractors. You live and learn!

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel View Post
              Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of investment restrictions when contracting for a bank.

I plan to purchase some shares and apparently these need to be declared to the bank I’m working at.

Didn’t realise that this was of any concern to the bank I’m working at and I’m wondering how they would know what shares I’m purchasing if I didn’t declare them.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Regards,
              Learn the difference between "advice" and "advise".
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                Learn the difference between "advice" and "advise".
                Haha good spot

Comment

It’s a shame that there’s a minority of people on this forum who criticise and belittle others, which in turn may prevent others from posting on this forum who genuinely want to gain valuable advice. I’ve seen this a few times and I’m not sure what such people get out of this. In such times, contractors face issues with IR35, perhaps no pay during coronavirus (not being covered by government help either) - such forums are helpful and can support people to navigate through such issues.

The negativity is unnecessary. If you can’t say anything helpful, probably best you don’t say anything at all.

Thanks to those that genuinely help.

Comment

It would help if you'd taken a couple of seconds to check the different forums and posted it in the right section.

General is a free for all bear pit. The professional forums are heavily moderated.

This one is on you I am afraid.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      It would help if you'd taken a couple of seconds to check the different forums and posted it in the right section.

General is a free for all bear pit. The professional forums are heavily moderated.

This one is on you I am afraid.
                      You’re one of them by the way. Always got something negative to say.

Comment

Working...
                      X