• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Investing in stocks when contracting for a bank

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    I don't see that they can expect you to sell shares you already own as long as they're declared, you should be able to transfer them.

They have no right to interfere with your pension arrangements, they're simply keeping tabs on your trading. If there are any difficulties associated with transferring shares, go and talk to the compliance dept.
    Well I’ve gone through the documentation. If you hold the shares with a broker that is not on their list then you will not be allowed to hold them. I’m not sure if you can simply transfer shares from one broker to another. If you can’t transfer, then you would need to sell them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel View Post
      Well I’ve gone through the documentation. If you hold the shares with a broker that is not on their list then you will not be allowed to hold them. I’m not sure if you can simply transfer shares from one broker to another. If you can’t transfer, then you would need to sell them.
      Yes you can transfer shares. It's like transferring cash, a brokerage has to do it on request.

The shares belong to you, you can go down, get the certificates and put them in a safe if you want to.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        Yes you can transfer shares. It's like transferring cash, a brokerage has to do it on request.

The shares belong to you, you can go down, get the certificates and put them in a safe if you want to.
        That’s good news then. Looks like the message on page 1 of this post (by Ladymuck) either wasn’t correct or we are missing something here. Ladymuck said a friend had to potentially sell them re-purchase the shares.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel View Post
          That’s good news then. Looks like the message on page 1 of this post (by Ladymuck) either wasn’t correct or we are missing something here. Ladymuck said a friend had to potentially sell them re-purchase the shares.
          That was their situation, I never said it was applicable to all.

I have no idea why they couldn't transfer from one broker to another, that's their personal finance business and I wasn't going to pry into it.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            That was their situation, I never said it was applicable to all.

I have no idea why they couldn't transfer from one broker to another, that's their personal finance business and I wasn't going to pry into it.
            Yes that’s completely understandable.

Comment

All shares - it's to do with their desire to be whiter than white, operational risk policies on insider knowledge accusations are mitigated, etc.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                All shares - it's to do with their desire to be whiter than white, operational risk policies on insider knowledge accusations are mitigated, etc.
                Yes sounds like this is indeed the reason.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  I strongly disagree.

it's to do with their desire to appear to be whiter than white, operational risk policies on insider knowledge accusations are mitigated.

The morals of the people who work their seem as bad as ever. And they cover it up with an endless supply of stupid courses, paperwork etcetc. Astonishing really.

Comment

Working...
                  X