• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris is dead

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    You'd hope that he'd get better treatment than Joe Scrote from chavtown to be fair.

Isn't that always the way?

But Joe Scrote may well get better treatment than a VC holder.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Isn't that always the way?

But Joe Scrote may well get better treatment than a VC holder.

Is Saint Boris a VC holder?

What grounds would you use to define the level of treatment someone gets?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Key workers should get preference at the moment. Sadly that's probably not the case.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Key workers should get preference at the moment. Sadly that's probably not the case.
          Agreed however there are some people who will then argue, "who and what is a key worker?"
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Key workers: NHS staff. Ambulance drivers.

Think of it like this: Boris is currently in hospital, but by virtue of him not being at work: no one has lost their life, nor has the country collapsed as a direct result.

But that still doesn't answer the question posed by veteran about whether a younger person he despises should get treatment ahead of an old person with a military award

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Oh I see what you did there - WTFH trying desperately to win one argument today. VC=Victoria Cross and no Boris doesn't hold one but these guys do:

Victoria Cross - Wikipedia

Contribution to society (both Past hence the Victoria Cross and likely future contributions ) combined with likelihood to recover ad resources used are probably the most sensible measure when sharing scarce resources.

Until this crisis it has been everyone gets the best care we can afford or the NHS can be bothered to give you (unless you can pay for better).

However in the current confusion the ones that deserve better care will probably be missed.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Oh I see what you did there - WTFH trying desperately to win one argument today. VC=Victoria Cross and no Boris doesn't hold one but these guys do:

Victoria Cross - Wikipedia

Contribution to society (both Past hence the Victoria Cross and likely future contributions ) combined with likelihood to recover ad resources used are probably the most sensible measure when sharing scarce resources.

Until this crisis it has been everyone gets the best care we can afford or the NHS can be bothered to give you (unless you can pay for better).

However in the current confusion the ones that deserve better care will probably be missed.
                Some of the early holders of the Victoria Cross were basically stealing land.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Is that because you like and respect them or think that they are useful and will be able to get back to work? If it's the latter, I've heard nobody is getting back to work for months after being on a ventilator.

Comment

OK, again with your twisting to try to seem the Right people won't be treated.

Tell me, who "deserves" better care?
                    How many have been missed so far?
                    Why were they missed?

Rather than making Wailing accusations and claims, how about backing them up.

I believe the NHS face very difficult choices when it comes to "who are key workers?" and "If I've got one ventilator, which one of these two do I put on it?"

I've mentioned above who I consider to be key workers.
                    I'm glad I don't have to make the decision on the second question, from your posting, it appears you feel anyone who is older and hence "more deserving" should be prioritised over anyone younger than them.

I'm not of the opinion that "save the old, lose the young" is always the correct result, and oversimplifies the decisions that have to be made by the apolitical NHS staff on the wards, dealing with the sick who are presented to them.

Comment

He is probably getting blood antibodies now, before he gets worse - study from Wuhan suggests even badly ill patents recovered, probably safest option right now - not very scalable, but to save limited highly valueable people it sure easy

Comment

Working...
                      X