• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris is dead

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    He is probably getting blood antibodies now, before he gets worse - study from Wuhan suggests even badly ill patents recovered, probably safest option right now - not very scalable, but to save limited highly valueable people it sure easy
    521 Origin Down

Looks like for the fortunate few this is a good treatment. I guess we won't be seeing many billionaires or world leaders passing away....
    Last edited by _V_; 8 April 2020, 13:28.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

He is probably getting blood antibodies now, before he gets worse - study from Wuhan suggests even badly ill patents recovered, probably safest option right now - not very scalable, but to save limited highly valueable people it sure easy
      Patient Zero of the zombie apocalypse.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Agreed however there are some people who will then argue, "who and what is a key worker?"
        It's not the bloke at Timpsons. HTHBIDI
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I'll accept Johnson is limited. but highly valueable (sic)?

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
            I'll accept Johnson is limited. but highly valueable (sic)?
            Highly valuable to people who actually matter - not you or me

Comment

They haven't maxed out ventilators yet (at least as far as they are telling us). And Boris isn't using one of them (if we believe them).

It was on the briefing today "Q: why isn't Boris getting a private doctor/special treatment?" Of course if he was then they'd be asking why.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                They haven't maxed out ventilators yet (at least as far as they are telling us). And Boris isn't using one of them (if we believe them).

It was on the briefing today "Q: why isn't Boris getting a private doctor/special treatment?" Of course if he was then they'd be asking why.
                Not maxxed out but desperately needed apparently: Donald Trump sends 200 ventilators to the UK after London called to say it 'needed them desperately' | Daily Mail Online
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Boris is dead............

........ long live Boris

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Being in ICU without breathing apparatus is already special treatment for those that are told to stay at home until they cant count to 10 in 20 seconds, or whatever it is.

That said, I don't think anyone expects a PM to not be getting special treatment. No ones mentioned it on this forum, but can you imagine the potential for public panic if he died? Half the reason we've been so slow is human nature of saying "naaaah, look at the statistics, what re the chances of us getting it"
                    Last edited by Scoobos; 8 April 2020, 22:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
                      Being in ICU without breathing apparatus is already special treatment for those that are told to stay at home until they cant count to 10 in 20 seconds, or whatever it is.

That said, I don't think anyone expects a PM to not be getting special treatment. No ones mentioned it on this forum, but can you imagine the potential for public panic if he died? Half the reason we've been so slow is human nature of saying "naaaah, look at the statistics, what re the chances of us getting it"
                      The elephant in the room here is that if the PM died it would likely improve the direction the country is government and the direction of travel. I think we all know that deep down.

I do not wish it to happen - as I have repeatedly posted here - and it is a paradoxical situation to be in, but something is very wrong with the current UK Government and the strange and slow response to the pandemic was indicative of their weird modus operandi. If seems possible that if the PM is out of action for a couple of months or something bad happens then there needs to be a new leadership contest, which will surely result in a better management style of the country.

I suspect most posters on this forum are sick of the spin doctors, public relations teams and disinformation campaigns that are just not befitting of a modern democracy. It shouldn't take a pandemic and tens of thousands of lives lost, in England alone, for us to take a step back and question why are they doing this? Why are the public ok with it? Why are the journalists blindsided by it?

We are in darker days than we realise and trust in government is very low. We have to prove to the world that democracy and fairness is the way forward; it needs championed in the world. Otherwise they are no better than the Russian spin, Chinese spin and US spin. We're better than that.

Comment

Working...
                      X