Airlines, Airport, Hotels, Airbnb, Holiday Companies - may never fully recover Airlines, Airport, Hotels, Airbnb, Holiday Companies - may never fully recover
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 17

Super poster

MPwannadecentincome is a permanent contractor

Default Airlines, Airport, Hotels, Airbnb, Holiday Companies - may never fully recover

This article considers a possible pathway to recovery which may never reach pre-Corona virus levels in the foreseeable future...

The 7 Stages to the New Normal - WIT

Prospects for contracts in these industries are doomed for "traditional" roles I think, apart from Compliance roles. For companies brave enough to rise to the challenges faced then there may be a contractor boom. Hard to predict who will be the big names in 5 years time, already big names have fallen (Monarch, FlyBe, Thomas Cook) prior to C-virus due to overcapacity in the market or poor business models, now more are falling fast (e.g. Germanwings) particularly as governments are reluctant to bail out/give loan guarantees until shareholders have dug deeper into the pockets (e.g. sold Necker Island).
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Godlike

ladymuck is always on top

Germanwings doesn't really exist anymore. Lufthansa transferred it Eurowings around 2016 and whilst some flights still use the 4U airline code, the brand isn't used any more. Caused me merry hell with many-to-many matches with EW and 4U both resolving to Eurowings.

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

It would be good for the planet and good for people.
    Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.

I live on CUK

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    It would be good for the planet and good for people....
    ... if we all travelled to Wales for our summer holidays.

'shut that door open!'
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

I live on CUK

Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

An intense COVID19 outbreak could revive the fortunes of the Thistle Hotel Heathrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

I live on CUK

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

'Who belongs to dis?'

Was in a coffee shop in Cardiff not long ago... I waited for my order 'Your coffee - does it come with sugar?' she asked. I'm like - I don't know, does it? Why are you asking me?!

Not quite English, almost comprehensible, just muddle.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

I live on CUK

SueEllen is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    'Who belongs to dis?'

Was in a coffee shop in Cardiff not long ago... I waited for my order 'Your coffee - does it come with sugar?' she asked. I'm like - I don't know, does it? Why are you asking me?!

Not quite English, almost comprehensible, just muddle.
    That is English - there are lots of variations as English is a living language.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Super poster

MPwannadecentincome is a permanent contractor

Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    Germanwings doesn't really exist anymore. Lufthansa transferred it Eurowings around 2016 and whilst some flights still use the 4U airline code, the brand isn't used any more. Caused me merry hell with many-to-many matches with EW and 4U both resolving to Eurowings.

Seems the brand was used in germany and I have seen aircraft in full livery at Cologne airport, brand wasn't marketed ever since the fallout from the pilot suicide ... see here about it not being used anymore.

Lufthansa to discontinue Germanwings in sweeping restructuring - Reuters

LH Group now selling off the assets it got when Air Berlin folded.
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Fingers like lightning

BlueSharp is NOT a disguised employee

And why exactly should the government bail out industries that may never recover? They failed to bail out the coal mines for the same reason.

Super poster

Whorty - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSharp View Post
    And why exactly should the government bail out industries that may never recover? They failed to bail out the coal mines for the same reason.
    Coal mines used to employ under age kids and treated donkeys atrociously, so who would want to save an industry like that? Airlines have never mistreated donkeys
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man