• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A First for HMRC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Well, makes a big change for them to be pursuing actual criminals for once, I guess

Fraudsters likely to target furlough scheme, says HMRC chief | Politics | The Guardian
    As long as this is not distracting them from vigorously pursuing dodgy scheme using bent contractor scum.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      As long as this is not distracting them from vigorously pursuing dodgy scheme using bent contractor scum.
      Indeed. The permietractors.....

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
        Anyone complaining about the fact we will be paying for 3 months of protection of lives and wellbeing ; should balance that against the money we literally threw at the financial sector and construction sector - just to be funnelled off to shareholders and the executive.
        Ironically, it is also money that will keep what little we have in the economy going, currently, going in the longer term.

I think they have been very short sighted with this, they should have given everyone a "bung", none means tested, to keep everyone and the economy going in the shorter term.

I think the PAYE payments are likely to be delayed, in any case, as they seem to be hoping for the best that they can get away completely without paying them, imo.

The self employed guys are going to suffer the most, in fact most will likely be bust before they even get a sniff of any government money.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

So the eligibility etc will be left vague with a warning that we will come and get you later on...

I am worried about there being a grey area and then its left to interpretation if you can apply.

The best one being my contract ended in Feb and now I can't find work because there is no economy. Can I genuinely say - I am impacted by the virus ?

I am seeing a lot of debate around this...

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
            So the eligibility etc will be left vague with a warning that we will come and get you later on...

I am worried about there being a grey area and then its left to interpretation if you can apply.

The best one being my contract ended in Feb and now I can't find work because there is no economy. Can I genuinely say - I am impacted by the virus ?

I am seeing a lot of debate around this...
            The market has been impacted by the virus and you are part of that market. Have you personally been directly impacted? No.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              The market has been impacted by the virus and you are part of that market. Have you personally been directly impacted? No.
              My answer is Yes where you say no...

I keep reading your interpretation and its welcomed input but others are reading it a different way.

The only view point that matters is that of HMRC I suppose - a view point they won't reach no doubt for another 12 months when they decide to investigate

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Can I claim employment for my cats as well?
                Who do you think you are, Harry Redknapp?
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  Who do you think you are, PSCONT?
                  FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    Who do you think you are, Harry Redknapp?
                    Very charitable guy......

As long as you can afford him.
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
                      My answer is Yes where you say no...

I keep reading your interpretation and its welcomed input but others are reading it a different way.

The only view point that matters is that of HMRC I suppose - a view point they won't reach no doubt for another 12 months when they decide to investigate
                      But people were unable to find work approach xmas because of the market down turn. Ability to find work IMO is not a direct impact compared to people that have lost jobs or income. You face market forces all the time, 4 months ago it was xmas, now it's the virus, another time it will be something else. Not a direct impact.

Comment

Working...
                      X