• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I have changed my mind...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was for the lock-down but now I believe it is almost useless.

Sainsbury's near me has sent home two check-out staff who tested positive. (I presume tested privately) Also reported locally is large increase in infected adults and children. God knows how many they unknowingly infected

It seems I am now in a hot-spot for COVID-19. What is the point of lock-down?

Mods, please move to General. Thanks.
    Last edited by Paddy; 8 April 2020, 13:17.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Fake News

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Sainsbury's near me has sent home two check-out staff who tested positive. . God knows how many they unknowingly infected
    You can't jump to that conclusion.

Move to Fake News please, Mods
    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      I was for the lock-down but now I believe it is almost useless.

Sainsbury's near me has sent home two check-out staff who tested positive. (I presume tested privately) Also reported locally is large increase in infected adults and children. God knows how many they unknowingly infected

It seems I am now in a hot-spot for COVID-19. What is the point of lock-down?

Mods, please move to General. Thanks.
      IMO it is inevitable that most will be infected before a virus comes out. And many of those infected will show no symptoms.

The idea of the lock-down is to stop the spread to the point where the NHS can cope.

Comment

Its about slowing down the spread...

What I do believe is true is that the damage the current approach takes will take will begin to outstrip the benefit the longer it goes on. There has to be a tipping point where we go back to some level of normal.

For example the "routine" operations that have cancelled on mass will result in many more future lives lost than the virus will take if we don't restart them at some point.
        People are sat home in agony at the moment because they can't get dental care.
        People are sat home with little vision as they can't get optician appointments.
        People are sat home with little or no hearing as they can't get hearing appointments.
        etc etc

People are suffering in other ways while we right put the treatment of this virus first for now.

Terrible balancing act needs to be performed in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
          What I do believe is true is that the damage the current approach takes will take will begin to outstrip the benefit the longer it goes on. There has to be a tipping point where we go back to some level of normal.
          Indeed. One addendum. I saw another thread someone quoting someone whose brother had died and blaming Boris. Sadly people are going to die and we have to accept that. Some want everyone locked down indefinetly and there to be no more deaths. Its just not going to happen. I think I am repeating what you are saying in a different way.

Comment

bunch of miserable gits.
            no blitz spirit here then.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              bunch of miserable gits.
              no blitz spirit here then.

But lots of brown sauce....

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                You can't jump to that conclusion.

Move to Fake News please, Mods
                Oi!!!!

I run that sub forum, we are not taking this post here.

FFS
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  But lots of brown sauce....
                  more like bloody brown trousers with this lot of nonces.

Comment

My local Indian (I use many times a month) owner died from covid19 [emoji20]

The local chip shop closed yesterday as owner was taken into hospital

Stats published today show men between 45-60 (most of us) have 10% chance of dying

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
                    X