• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CoronaVirus:Covid: Which one of you is this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been waiting for people to take the pee out of this on FB all day but nobody took the bait.
    Granted it was between 20 people. Felt much worse for the honeymoon couple.

So far insurers have managed to keep a low profile, I can't see that lasting forever. Of course holidays are a luxury... it is money you can afford to lose.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

It's one of those stories where the guy isn't telling the whole story (or is an idiot)

You never pay 100% of the cost of accommodation before travelling without having travel insurance.
      In fact, if I'm booking accommodation separate to everything else, I'd want to do it direct with the hotel, and pay the balance on departure.

So I'm guessing he didn't bother getting insurance (or check that everyone in his group had it), he didn't read the terms of the contract, and he is it happy to ruin a business because of his own failings.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        It's one of those stories where the guy isn't telling the whole story (or is an idiot)

You never pay 100% of the cost of accommodation before travelling without having travel insurance.
        In fact, if I'm booking accommodation separate to everything else, I'd want to do it direct with the hotel, and pay the balance on departure.

So I'm guessing he didn't bother getting insurance (or check that everyone in his group had it), he didn't read the terms of the contract, and he is it happy to ruin a business because of his own failings.
        Anecdotally, (i.e. according to people on radio phone-ins) insurance companies are invoking the old 'you're not insured for this specific event' clause, just like they did post 9/11 by refusing to pay out on claims due to 'terrorism'.
        I'm expecting a mass rejection of Covid-19 related claims. I doubt they will even cover airline failure soon, once the first big one goes under.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

French police turn back private jet of holidaymakers from UK | World news | The Guardian

And who thought this was a good idea??

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            A real contractor would have gone under the radar, eating spag bol off his lap.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              The men, aged 40-50, and women, aged 23-25,
              I think we can guess what's going on here...
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                I think we can guess what's going on here...
                Weren't you invited?
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Weren't you invited?
                  They said 40-50. Not 80-90.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    They said 40-50. Not 80-90.
                    Cheeky sod.
                    As it happens I just make the top end of the reported age range. But, alas, I was not among the select few...
                    An administrative oversight, I suspect...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                      Cheeky sod.
                      As it happens I just make the top end of the reported age range. But, alas, I was not among the select few...
                      An administrative oversight, I suspect...
                      It was admin!

Surely he has not left the mods in charge....

Comment

Working...
                      X