• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency payment schedule - no morals?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    That was abuse, not sarcasm.

You're better off posting in the Business / Contracts sub-forum than in General.
    You are right Greg, that was abuse, im not even going to entertain replying to this fella for a 2nd time, someone who lowers himself to be abusive for no reason is really not worth another reply. Ill just report it, and see how "dat" goes.

Thanks for the advice though, ill try the Business / Contracts sub-forum.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I would never have become a contractor without a good warchest. In your shoes I would go permanent.

If you argue with NLUK, who has made valid points, then you are very stuffed. IMO.
      I have been contracting for over a decade, so im not new to this game believe me. If you look at my post, i did explain why finances were currently tight, im not here to argue, i dont lower myself to petty bickering on a forum.

Comment

Originally posted by likewise View Post
        You are right Greg, that was abuse, im not even going to entertain replying to this fella for a 2nd time, someone who lowers himself to be abusive for no reason is really not worth another reply. Ill just report it, and see how "dat" goes.

Thanks for the advice though, ill try the Business / Contracts sub-forum.
        Don't get your hopes up too much.

If you want more considered advice try: Northern Lad UK Comment Generator

Comment

I have been contracting for over a decade, so im not new to this game believe me. If you look at my post, i did explain why finances were currently tight, im not here to argue, i dont lower myself to petty bickering on a forum.
          Where has all your money gone in the last 10 years?

I spent most of mine on divorces. But still had no cashflow issues. I started with 3 month warchest - after 10 years I had about a 2 year warchest.

To be fair, I did use the Old Greg Dutch Antilles scheme and I was not asked for back tax until year 11.....

Comment

Where has all your money gone in the last 10 years?

I spent most of mine on divorces. But still had no cashflow issues. I started with 3 month warchest - after 10 years I had about a 2 year warchest.

To be fair, I did use the Old Greg Dutch Antilles scheme and I was not asked for back tax until year 11.....

Where has my money gone?! LOL.....10 years, ive enjoyed myself, nice car, new house, and plenty of holidays, i try and keep some saved but generally it never takes me more than a month to six weeks to find a new contract, and this virus combined with my contract ending just before it all started and me paying off a holiday in one, has become a perfect storm.

I just came on here to find out what people thought of an agency doing that but i find myself defending the fact i dont have a load of savings, bizarre.

Comment

Where has my money gone?! LOL.....10 years, ive enjoyed myself, nice car, new house, and plenty of holidays, i try and keep some saved but generally it never takes me more than a month to six weeks to find a new contract, and this virus combined with my contract ending just before it all started and me paying off a holiday in one, has become a perfect storm.

I just came on here to find out what people thought of an agency doing that but i find myself defending the fact i dont have a load of savings, bizarre.
              Personally I hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

But when I mess up(like getting married AGAIN) I at least blame myself and don't project onto others. You should look to yourself first. I don't see why the agency should do anything to help you. Which leads onto NLUK's comments.

Comment

You should have got a log book loan.

Comment

Personally I hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

But when I mess up(like getting married AGAIN) I at least blame myself and don't project onto others. You should look to yourself first. I don't see why the agency should do anything to help you. Which leads onto NLUK's comments.

LOL ....my god, you two probably work for the agency! like i said, i asked for peoples opinion on the agency and im the one getting scrutinised! ha ha, this is bizarre! I did want to know peoples opinion on here because a couple of other contractors i had spoken to said they would have been furious and would have approached the local MP's of the agency local area and where i live, along with the local newspapers in both areas but i thought that was a bit much, it appears no sympathy from most people on here. Right im off, ill check back on here tomorrow, before i end up wasting my evening potentially bickering on the internet.....

Comment

LOL ....my god, you two probably work for the agency! like i said, i asked for peoples opinion on the agency and im the one getting scrutinised! ha ha, this is bizarre! I did want to know peoples opinion on here because a couple of other contractors i had spoken to said they would have been furious and would have approached the local MP's of the agency local area and where i live, along with the local newspapers in both areas but i thought that was a bit much, it appears no sympathy from most people on here. Right im off, ill check back on here tomorrow, before i end up wasting my evening potentially bickering on the internet.....
                    By the time you moan your MP (they don't care), local paper (no story) & their granny you'll have been paid. Not really the agency's fault you p1ssed all your money away.
                    If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Legally, the agency are on the right. Its per contract.

Morals? Well...

So you busted all your cash at that point, and did not have money to even fund your travel for the commute?
                      Given that, it can be clearly inferred that you have spent away all of your upcoming VAT dues and the Corporation tax accrued funds that you should have kept ready to pay to the government?

Don't get me wrong, but spending away these funds (I mean, VAT is not at all your money, you know that, right???) also means no morals!

Given all that, the agency not paying earlier to you than what the contract says, is not more immoral, whichever way you cut it.

Comment

Working...
                      X