• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Necessary" Shopping - Possible Police Basket Checks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Sensible souls keep 200 units of alcohol / person* in the house in these troubled times.

* This includes children, as they increase adults' alcohol intake requirements.
    Indeed. Stress is inherited. You get it from your children.

Comment

There's minimal value in kicking the chap out of his job now but when we reach the dim and distant land that is hopefully normal life again, he ought to be fired as comments like that are not even remotely helpful.

If there's riots because someone decides to implement that half baked crock of crud of an idea, it'll be his fault. Fortunately the government said it was nonsense and we all know everyone listens to them.

Comment

Priti told him off for spouting nonsense anyway.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

When I was about 6 I went to a birthday party. I was sad because my sister wasn't invited, so I decided to take some sweets home for her - wasn't quite sure if it was allowed, so I put them in my pants.

So, I am in a position to advise that if you are going to smuggle foodstuffs in your pants, secrete them there at the end of the shopping trip - doing it near the beginning will mean you'll spend far longer than necessary feeling very uncomfortable.

(No, I can't remember if she ate them - I suspect not!)

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            When I was about 6 I went to a birthday party. I was sad because my sister wasn't invited, so I decided to take some sweets home for her - wasn't quite sure if it was allowed, so I put them in my pants.

So, I am in a position to advise that if you are going to smuggle foodstuffs in your pants, secrete them there at the end of the shopping trip - doing it near the beginning will mean you'll spend far longer than necessary feeling very uncomfortable.

(No, I can't remember if she ate them - I suspect not!)
            So that's why you call it your 'tooti-fruity'

Comment

Working...
            X