• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Necessary" Shopping - Possible Police Basket Checks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Necessary" Shopping - Possible Police Basket Checks

A bridge too far?

I agree, random browsers are still a real pain in some shops.......
    Just get your, preferably listed, stuff and feck off out it PLEASE.

What is deemed a necessity exactly, I don't really know

UK Police:“We will not at this stage be starting to marshal supermarkets and check-in the items in baskets and trolleys to see whether it is a legitimate necessary item but...if people do not head the warnings...we will start to do that”
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Fortunately we established early doors that booze was a necessity otherwise there'd be even more panic.

Maybe anyone buying organic quinoa or birdseed should fall down the steps in the back of the cops van?

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      A bridge too far?

If 'they' decide that beer and wine are non-essential, they will have riots in places that usually only do 'serious tutting'...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        Fortunately we established early doors that booze was a necessity otherwise there'd be even more panic.

Maybe anyone buying organic quinoa or birdseed should fall down the steps in the back of the cops van?
        Aren't they the same thing?
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Damn it. I'll have to start smuggling my digestive biscuits out in my underpants.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Damn it. I'll have to start smuggling my digestive biscuits out in my underpants.

That's how I was smuggling doughnuts (I could only carry 6 at a time on a normal day, or 10 if my wife was feeling happy), until I realised that doughnuts should be in the top of your shopping bag, since they are essential cop food.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              A bridge too far?

A bigger problem seems to be that families of four or more are still shopping together. Kids should stay outside.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

So what if you're buying essential & non essential? Do you need to put the non essentials back? Who decides what's non essential? Shop staff? They will absolutely lap that up. They're already loving their little power trip, controlling who comes in & out.
                If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Is that digestive biscuits in your pants or are you pleased to see me?

Personally, I would smuggle out a yard of jaffa cakes.....

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    Sensible souls keep 200 units of alcohol / person* in the house in these troubled times.

* This includes children, as they increase adults' alcohol intake requirements.

Comment

Working...
                    X