• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK's record toll higher than Italy's worst day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    This is what happens when people vote Tory and vote for a baffoon to be PM.

The man on the Clapham Omnibus could run things better than Bojo.

The buffoon not a few weeks ago was championing heard immunity whilst shaking hands with the ill. Now we're, well... you, are all paying the price. I'm reminded of a line from Gladiator 'Still the crowds will love him for it.'

He's no one to blame but himself. He put his unqualified self on the highest chair in the land, much like a modern day Caesar, for nothing else than the lust of power just so he could match his Bullingdon Club mates with their accolades.

He'll return to no. 10 like Caesar returning to Rome as if he his won some great victory. All the while unleashing his cruelty on the serfs.

A sickening if not dangerous state of affairs.
    Last edited by scooterscot; 12 April 2020, 10:09.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      The buffoon not a few weeks ago was championing heard immunity whilst shaking hands with the ill. Now we're, well... you, are all paying the price. I'm reminded of a line from Gladiator 'Still the crowds will love him for it.'

He's no one to blame but himself. He put his unqualified self on the highest chair in the land, much like a modern day Caesar, for nothing else than the lust of power just so he could match his Bullingdon Club mates with their accolades.

He'll return to no. 10 like Caesar returning to Rome as if he his won some great victory. All the while whilst unleashing his cruelty on the serfs.

A sickening if not dangerous state of affairs.
      Stop being so undemocratic. He won the election so he must be right.

Comment

Buffoon might not be as dumb as he looks and acts (hard to believe I know) - he may have gotten it early while there is still enough blood plasma with anti bodies...

Comment

“ Sir Farrer, who is a member of the Sage committee, which advises the government on the pandemic, said on the BBC’s Andrew Marr Show:

“The numbers in the UK have continued to go up. I do hope we’re coming close to the number of new infections reducing … and the number of deaths plateauing and starting to come down.

And yes, the UK is likely to be certainly one of the worst, if not the worst affected country in Europe.”

He said continuing testing in the community would “buy you time” to deal with the crisis, giving an additional six to eight weeks to ensure health systems were up to capacity.

“Undoubtedly there are lessons to learn from that,” Sir Jeremy said.”

UK coronavirus live: refuse to treat patients without PPE 'as last resort', says nursing body, as three nurses die | Politics | The Guardian

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Ooh careful now.

Absolute figures are what the frothy mouthed want to compare, not the proportion of the population.
            Not sure that's true at all. The USA has 6 x the population of England and only just over 2 x the number of daily deaths.

Grim reading for England.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
              Not sure that's true at all. The USA has 6 x the population of England and only just over 2 x the number of daily deaths.

Grim reading for England.
              The dead numbers are people.

Some of the these people particularly the older ones may have died this year but not all would have done.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

There is probably only 1% of population that got infected in the UK - likely less, so multiply 10k by 100 and we are talking million+ dead (more since there will be no health services at all)

Herd fecking immunity my arse

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  There is probably only 1% of population that got infected in the UK - likely less, so multiply 10k by 100 and we are talking million+ dead (more since there will be no health services at all)

Herd fecking immunity my arse
                  feck off back to russia then, you miserable goth.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    feck off back to russia then, you miserable goth.
                    Russia is doing more tests per day than this country actually and lockdown now is proper - even dictatorships realised that there is no point i ruling over lots of sick and dead people in population

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      Russia is doing more tests per day than this country actually and lockdown now is proper - even dictatorships realised that there is no point i ruling over lots of sick and dead people in population
                      by by then, don't let the door slap your arse...................

Comment

Working...
                      X