• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New NHS App for Contact Chasing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see that when I cross the border betwixt England and Scotland I will have to change apps and each nation will have no visibility of what I've been exposed to in the other country. Sounds like it's going to work perfectly.

Comment

I have a problem and am hoping any technically minded friend can help me.

I am having problems downloading this government app thingy for Covid-19 on my phone.

I am not sure of the make and model of the phone, so I have taken a picture...
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I see that when I cross the border betwixt England and Scotland I will have to change apps and each nation will have no visibility of what I've been exposed to in the other country. Sounds like it's going to work perfectly.
        I would download the Scottish one.

At least their leader sounds coherent when she speaks.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          I would download the Scottish one.

At least their leader sounds coherent when she speaks.
          Interoperability is being brought into the Irish / Northern Irish apps (same platform) to enable cross-border contact tracing. Shame that England couldn't swallow its pride and adopt a product developed by a small company in Co. Waterford.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Interoperability is being brought into the Irish / Northern Irish apps (same platform) to enable cross-border contact tracing. Shame that England couldn't swallow its pride and adopt a product developed by a small company in Co. Waterford.
            But what about when i go to Spain, Germany or France, there is no interoperability there, although the Scottish app uses the same technology as the Irish one there is no interoperability.

It's almost like they are individual countries with devolved governments making similar decisions, but yet it's the English and Wales NHS that are being torn to strips for theirs.
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              But what about when i go to Spain, Germany or France, there is no interoperability there, although the Scottish app uses the same technology as the Irish one there is no interoperability.

It's almost like they are individual countries with devolved governments making similar decisions, but yet it's the English and Wales NHS that are being torn to strips for theirs.
              I wasn't complaining about the English/Welsh implementation but making an observation about how daft it is that the nations of the UK are collectively so dumb that they can't create something that is at least interoperable, considering there is much movement across the borders.

Maybe it's just Scotland chipping away at its independence. They'll soon be wanting their own location form for all arrivals...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                His personality protects him from any social contact.
                I have one, at least.
                unlike the vacuum that passes for yours.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  So, is anyone going to bother downloading this then?

NHS Covid-19 app: How England and Wales' contact-tracing service works NHS Covid-19 app: How England and Wales''' contact-tracing service works - BBC News
                  No.

My mobile is old and already on it's last legs, so I'm hardly going to install an app from this government that probably hasn't been properly tested until others have tested in real life
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    No.

My mobile is old and already on it's last legs, so I'm hardly going to install an app from this government that probably hasn't been properly tested until others have tested in real life
                    This forum is full of cynics.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      This forum is full of cynics.
                      Only us oldies
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X