New NHS App for Contact Chasing New NHS App for Contact Chasing - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Posts 61 to 70 of 76

My post count is Majestic

d000hg - scorchio!

Got it last night, hadn't realised it was already here.

Installed, no idea if it's doing anything. I frequently kill all open apps on my phone, do I need to manually run it each time or will it run in the background? It has not asked for any permissions like location, background-run, etc, which seems a little odd (Android).
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

d000hg - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by darmstadt View Post
    As far as I can see, all the other ones require the same level of OS'es to run on and I suspect that is due to the API from Apple and Google to allow the app to run. The main downside I can see to the English one, is there is too much in it, from scanning QR codes to the traffic light system and so on which I think is not needed. All the other ones just do contact tracking, nothing else so are very lightweight. I still don't understand why they just didn't take one that already exists, is opensource and is known to work. They would then be able to talk to at least some other contact tracing apps
    Without having used it, the check-in function seems really useful to me. Better than giving my details to someone who is going to have no clue about GDPR. It means even if the phone doesn't detect you in proximity to someone, the app can still know you were in the same location at the same time (in theory)

More fingers than teeth

darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by d000hg View Post
    Without having used it, the check-in function seems really useful to me. Better than giving my details to someone who is going to have no clue about GDPR. It means even if the phone doesn't detect you in proximity to someone, the app can still know you were in the same location at the same time (in theory)
    Isn't that what the app without checking does anyway? If you're in close proximity to someone then you'll get notified, there is no need for it to know the name of the pub you were in. Now, if you get notified by the app there is no legal requirement for you to isolate but if the pub passes on the details that you wrote down and a contact tracer calls you, then legally you have to isolate
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

d000hg - scorchio!

Isn't that what the app without checking does anyway? If you're in close proximity to someone then you'll get notified, there is no need for it to know the name of the pub you were in. Now, if you get notified by the app there is no legal requirement for you to isolate but if the pub passes on the details that you wrote down and a contact tracer calls you, then legally you have to isolate
    If you are in a pub which has an outbreak, you might not trigger the proximity-duration feature but everything might be smeared with CV.

More fingers than teeth

So what a bus or a shop or anywhere else there are people, shouldn't they then have QR codes?
    If you are in a pub which has an outbreak, you might not trigger the proximity-duration feature but everything might be smeared with CV.
    Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Double Godlike!

Mordac is a fount of knowledge

Crikey, is it May already? I was distracted by Easter being cancelled.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

SueEllen is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    Crikey, is it May already? I was distracted by Easter being cancelled.
    No unfortunately she isn't PM anymore.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

d000hg - scorchio!

So what a bus or a shop or anywhere else there are people, shouldn't they then have QR codes?
    You don't spend prolonged periods of time in the same room, using the same toilet, interacting with waitresses, etc.

There's perhaps an argument for 'checking in' to a bus but idealism has to be tempered with practicality.

More fingers than teeth

You don't spend prolonged periods of time in the same room, using the same toilet, interacting with waitresses, etc.

There's perhaps an argument for 'checking in' to a bus but idealism has to be tempered with practicality.
    What about an Intercity train then?

Fingers like lightning

edison has more data than eek

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    And there is no need to boast about world-beating and moonshots. It's just daft.
    Anyone would think BoJo believes he's the next Elon Musk...