• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New NHS App for Contact Chasing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got it last night, hadn't realised it was already here.

Installed, no idea if it's doing anything. I frequently kill all open apps on my phone, do I need to manually run it each time or will it run in the background? It has not asked for any permissions like location, background-run, etc, which seems a little odd (Android).
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      As far as I can see, all the other ones require the same level of OS'es to run on and I suspect that is due to the API from Apple and Google to allow the app to run. The main downside I can see to the English one, is there is too much in it, from scanning QR codes to the traffic light system and so on which I think is not needed. All the other ones just do contact tracking, nothing else so are very lightweight. I still don't understand why they just didn't take one that already exists, is opensource and is known to work. They would then be able to talk to at least some other contact tracing apps
      Without having used it, the check-in function seems really useful to me. Better than giving my details to someone who is going to have no clue about GDPR. It means even if the phone doesn't detect you in proximity to someone, the app can still know you were in the same location at the same time (in theory)

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Without having used it, the check-in function seems really useful to me. Better than giving my details to someone who is going to have no clue about GDPR. It means even if the phone doesn't detect you in proximity to someone, the app can still know you were in the same location at the same time (in theory)
        Isn't that what the app without checking does anyway? If you're in close proximity to someone then you'll get notified, there is no need for it to know the name of the pub you were in. Now, if you get notified by the app there is no legal requirement for you to isolate but if the pub passes on the details that you wrote down and a contact tracer calls you, then legally you have to isolate
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Isn't that what the app without checking does anyway? If you're in close proximity to someone then you'll get notified, there is no need for it to know the name of the pub you were in. Now, if you get notified by the app there is no legal requirement for you to isolate but if the pub passes on the details that you wrote down and a contact tracer calls you, then legally you have to isolate
          If you are in a pub which has an outbreak, you might not trigger the proximity-duration feature but everything might be smeared with CV.

Comment

So what a bus or a shop or anywhere else there are people, shouldn't they then have QR codes?
            If you are in a pub which has an outbreak, you might not trigger the proximity-duration feature but everything might be smeared with CV.
            Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Crikey, is it May already? I was distracted by Easter being cancelled.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                Crikey, is it May already? I was distracted by Easter being cancelled.
                No unfortunately she isn't PM anymore.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

So what a bus or a shop or anywhere else there are people, shouldn't they then have QR codes?
                  You don't spend prolonged periods of time in the same room, using the same toilet, interacting with waitresses, etc.

There's perhaps an argument for 'checking in' to a bus but idealism has to be tempered with practicality.

Comment

You don't spend prolonged periods of time in the same room, using the same toilet, interacting with waitresses, etc.

There's perhaps an argument for 'checking in' to a bus but idealism has to be tempered with practicality.
                    What about an Intercity train then?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      And there is no need to boast about world-beating and moonshots. It's just daft.
                      Anyone would think BoJo believes he's the next Elon Musk...

Comment

Working...
                      X