• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Germany slams abuse of French visitors over coronavirus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gosh. This is awful. German people are being terrible to the French ( again! You'd have thought they would have stopped that behaviour after invading France 3 times within 100 years ).

Why are the Germans being so nasty?

...... oh, I give up. I'll leave the negative, slandering of an entire country to Scooter et al.

Some German citizens are being nasty to some of the French. But the German authorities are saying this isn't acceptable.

A hundred years ago, some German citizens were fraternising with the French. But the German authorities said this wasn't acceptable.

See the difference?

But what's really weird is someone paying any attention to what Scooter says.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Who?
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

See the difference?
        Indeed I do. And as you probably understood, that wasn't the point.

The point was to illustrate how easy it is to scour the internet, find a story with some negative connetations and then post it on CUk along with a few snide comments to support a built-in prejudice.

I could have just as easily chosen this story:

Germany: Police attacked while enforcing social distancing measures and made a spurious claim that Law & Order is breaking down.

Or this:

German far-right crimes rise and ask the innocent question: Why are Germans pre-dispositioned to extreme right-wing views?

..... neither stories reflect views that I actually believe or hold. I have a number of friends living & working in Germany. It's a great country, with lots of fantastic people and I enjoy it every time I visit.

I know. I must be sickening for something. Is there a cure?

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
          Germany: Police attacked while enforcing social distancing measures and made a spurious claim that Law & Order is breaking down.
          I already posted that one :-)
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            I already posted that one :-)
            I know! I read it and thought "There's always a couple of a*holes in every community".

I doubt very much that it is any way representative of the wider German, mostly law-abiding, society.

Comment

Working...
            X