• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House prices DOOM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
    yea but to give a simple example if the government doubles the amount of currency issued all they have done is increased the price of everything by 2 times. no extra wealth was created. printing money leads to inflation.
    The government is not just 'printing' money. I don't think you quite understand how borrowing works.

Comment

Originally posted by cannon999 View Post
      The government is not just 'printing' money. I don't think you quite understand how borrowing works.
      Just one thing of many....
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

and in the news this morning 1 in 9 are taking mortgage holidays.

That's those who can get through to the lender but this will be much higher.

What's next? PCP holidays on the Audi/BMW leases? Better still, get the banks to write the loans off as mis-sold and let the owners keep the cars.

Comment

Originally posted by SeededLoaf View Post
          and in the news this morning 1 in 9 are taking mortgage holidays.

That's those who can get through to the lender but this will be much higher.

What's next? PCP holidays on the Audi/BMW leases? Better still, get the banks to write the loans off as mis-sold and let the owners keep the cars.
          Be interesting to see what happens to used car values on PCP cars. Car can be seized and sold. But if that happens across the country....

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
          X