• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK sex workers in 'dire and desperate' need amid coronavirus lockdown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK sex workers in 'dire and desperate' need amid coronavirus lockdown

“ Sex workers in “dire and desperate” circumstances across the UK are continuing to see clients during the lockdown, potentially exposing themselves and others to coronavirus, according to charities and sex worker organisations.

“We are facing a massive crisis,” said Niki Adams from the English Collective of Prostitutes. “No one wants to be flouting the rules and putting themselves and others in danger, but those who are still working literally have no other choice.”

On one adult website, there were 800 sex workers across the UK “available to book” on Thursday, with approximately 150 of those in London. Adams said that many of those would not be working, but would be using the site to keep their profiles active in the hope that potential customers could be persuaded to pay for phone or cam sex. But others had not stopped work because they had no other income, no savings or had returned to work when rent and bills were due.

“We need immediate emergency cash payments to these women who at this moment have nothing to eat. We know who these women are, and we need to help them now, not in several weeks time,” she said.“

UK sex workers in 'dire and desperate' need amid coronavirus lockdown | Society | The Guardian

FFS, legalise it already - tax revenues will be much needed
    Last edited by AtW; 13 April 2020, 16:20.

The one time you'd applaud scooty for doing his own research eh?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

The three “massage parlours” down the road from me have all had to close. I assume the “employees” work on a self-employed basis, but one wonders how much of their income was declared and therefore counts towards the government’s 80% assistance for the self-employed.

(I also assume they don’t work through limited companies, in which case we know they wouldn’t be entitled to anything.)

Comment

and another miserable russian pr1ck thread

Comment

The three “massage parlours” down the road from me
          You lucky sod! Wish we had some down my road.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Spare a thought for nlady who's now stuck inside servicing her old man - 80% of normal wages for 160% more perversion.

Comment

If it's not the client, then the business - always someone getting shafted.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                You lucky sod! Wish we had some down my road.
                Open one yourself. Offer your services (for a fee) to the discerning fat bottomed ladies of your parish.
                England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
                  Open one yourself. Offer your services (for a fee) to the discerning fat bottomed ladies of your parish.
                  Probably the worst time in history to be a brothel owner, since the plague

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    The three “massage parlours” down the road from me have all had to close. I assume the “employees” work on a self-employed basis, but one wonders how much of their income was declared and therefore counts towards the government’s 80% assistance for the self-employed.

(I also assume they don’t work through limited companies, in which case we know they wouldn’t be entitled to anything.)
                    As a general rule, banks won’t touch them(metaphorically speaking). Will all be cash in hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
                    X