• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pint DOOM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pint DOOM

“ Pubs, like other public venues, look set to stay shut for the foreseeable future. But what's going to happen to the contents of their cellars?

Fifty million pints - give or take.

That's the amount of beer expected to go unused in barrels if pubs remain closed into the summer because of coronavirus. Publicans are currently unable to sell their lagers, ales and ciders - save for takeaways and home deliveries.

"It's a very sad waste of all the work and talent that goes into producing great beer," says Tom Stainer, chief executive of the Campaign for Real Ale (Camra). "People won't get to drink it and all those resources have been used up for nothing."”

Coronavirus: What's happening to the beer left in pubs? - BBC News

A microbrewery and pub up the road from me tried to keep going on takeaway beer sales when they were ordered to close, but they could only get the government assistance to cover 80% of the employees’ wages if they furloughed everybody, so they had to do that instead and the beer had to go to waste

Comment

Some of the pubs round here have offered their barrels for a nominal price so that they get used before going off. Just pop round and pick them up

Sent from my Boris
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

More to the point (pint?), once the ok is given there's at least a month's lead time before the fresh stuff is available. And, depending on the exit strategy, a potentially limited population to consume it all...so why bother ramping up to full production?

Comment

and another miserable russian pr1ck thread.

Comment

Ditto
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

In the spirit of national unity and all pulling together to fight the virus I offer my services as a guinea pig to test if drinking vast quantities of beer can act as a barrier to infection.

Please speak to my beer sommelier to arrange when and where to deliver.

England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Ditto
                Anxious about Coronavirus – tips for coping | Age UK

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  Mods should create a sticky "Miserable Russian Pr1ck" subforum to save our sanity.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Mods should create a sticky "Miserable Russian Pr1ck" subforum to save our sanity.
                    If your sanity is imperilled, treat all threads started by AtW as a trigger warning, and avoid reading them.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X