• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tired of the UK NOT tired of life

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tired of the UK NOT tired of life

I never thought I would say this but I'm getting tired of the UK, I honestly in my entire life never thought I would utter those words. I have always been pro UK as once it was a place i felt was flourishing. Number one for opportunity, for culture, life style, education, health the list goes on and on.

Now however we have Brexit shambles, IR35, the NHS and blatant under funder of services, attacks on small business, you could write a book on the rank ineptitude and blatant attempts to transfer wealth and behind all of this is the Tory party.

It's pretty hard to understand what they have actually done in 10 years apart from devise policies which blatantly shifts taxes payers money away from ordinary people to rich companies. Great we pay more taxes but where the hell does it go?

Yet here we all are posting on forums as if this is OK and we should just roll over an accept it. I for one have just had enough.

I am tired of people mentioing the ****** word in professional forums. They don't seem to read the basic posting rules - then expect to be listened to.

I bet its a remoaner....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I am tired of people mentioing the ****** word in professional forums. They don't seem to read the basic posting rules - then expect to be listened to.

I bet its a remoaner....
      Given your inability to spell or punctuate, I bet you're a cretin.

Comment

Originally posted by Shackattack View Post
        ...and behind all of this is the Tory party.
        I smell sockie.
        ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
        Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

I never thought I would say this but I'm getting tired of the UK, I honestly in my entire life never thought I would utter those words. I have always been pro UK as once it was a place i felt was flourishing. Number one for opportunity, for culture, life style, education, health the list goes on and on.

Now however we have Brexit shambles, IR35, the NHS and blatant under funder of services, attacks on small business, you could write a book on the rank ineptitude and blatant attempts to transfer wealth and behind all of this is the Tory party.

It's pretty hard to understand what they have actually done in 10 years apart from devise policies which blatantly shifts taxes payers money away from ordinary people to rich companies. Great we pay more taxes but where the hell does it go?

Yet here we all are posting on forums as if this is OK and we should just roll over an accept it. I for one have just had enough.
          Can you explain why you think it's number one for anything? Health index, press and media freedom index (RSF, Reporters Sans Frontier; Reporters Without Borders), housing affordability, taxation on the poor and middle classes...

None of it is optimal and you drank the kool aid for a long time it seems. Go elsewhere and then learn how to compare the living standards between countries. There is no right and wrong way to bring up children, if you have any, but if you're not the type to throw them at a nanny and generic international schools then they'll enjoy the adventure.

Live.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
            Can you explain why you think it's number one for anything? Health index, press and media freedom index (RSF, Reporters Sans Frontier; Reporters Without Borders), housing affordability, taxation on the poor and middle classes...

None of it is optimal and you drank the kool aid for a long time it seems. Go elsewhere and then learn how to compare the living standards between countries. There is no right and wrong way to bring up children, if you have any, but if you're not the type to throw them at a nanny and generic international schools then they'll enjoy the adventure.

Live.
            Hi roger some really valid points here, allow me to answer bearing in mind these are just my opinions.

In terms of NHS i did a short contract for Bupa, I had a short chat with the IT director and he was quite forthright in his view that the NHS was a incredibly well run service and really Bupa allowed you to jump the que. I've have friends who are doctors who have the same opinion. In terms of 1st hand experience, my dad had cancer a few years ago sadly. Visiting the NHS and speaking to staff it was quite appalling what the Tories had done and on a personal level I can never forgive that.

My wife works for a university, no pay rise in 10 years and it's run more like a business and not for the better. Cost cutting and some shocking stories of mismanagement, think accounting fraud.

House prices have been astronomical, the help to buy scheme but billions into the pockets of property developers and really wasn't that great a scheme.

But more than anything else a large section of the population have become stupefied, you ask them to give a balanced view on things like Brexit which could be catastrophic and all you get is moronic 1-3 word slogans lifted directly from sources that use simple wording for simple people. Even after every promise has been debunked and exposed as a lie they come back with more slogans and tardy little one liners that mean nothing.

I pay more in tax now than i ever have had something the Tories are masters at, in return i can't even get a doctors appointment within 3 weeks, 6 weeks for a physio.

We are on course for a race to the bottom IMO, if you transfer wealth away from the working and middle class then it's only a wealthy elite who will benefit.

Comment

two JtB's .

this thread'll get Very long, Very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                two JtB's .

this thread'll get Very long, Very quickly.
                As ever, the typing skills of someone who is half-cut from mid morning.

Away shag yer mum again.

Comment

Hi roger some really valid points here, allow me to answer bearing in mind these are just my opinions.

In terms of NHS i did a short contract for Bupa, I had a short chat with the IT director and he was quite forthright in his view that the NHS was a incredibly well run service and really Bupa allowed you to jump the que. I've have friends who are doctors who have the same opinion. In terms of 1st hand experience, my dad had cancer a few years ago sadly. Visiting the NHS and speaking to staff it was quite appalling what the Tories had done and on a personal level I can never forgive that.

My wife works for a university, no pay rise in 10 years and it's run more like a business and not for the better. Cost cutting and some shocking stories of mismanagement, think accounting fraud.

House prices have been astronomical, the help to buy scheme but billions into the pockets of property developers and really wasn't that great a scheme.

But more than anything else a large section of the population have become stupefied, you ask them to give a balanced view on things like Brexit which could be catastrophic and all you get is moronic 1-3 word slogans lifted directly from sources that use simple wording for simple people. Even after every promise has been debunked and exposed as a lie they come back with more slogans and tardy little one liners that mean nothing.

I pay more in tax now than i ever have had something the Tories are masters at, in return i can't even get a doctors appointment within 3 weeks, 6 weeks for a physio.

We are on course for a race to the bottom IMO, if you transfer wealth away from the working and middle class then it's only a wealthy elite who will benefit.

Agree.

I don't advocate abandoning your local area entirely; come back now and again and when you see improvement then move back in. People did this in the 1990's and after 2007 and it'll happen again.

The NHS is good but the numerous layers of management bureaucracy do need trimmed. Reward the good people, get rid of the bad ones. Some managers earn more than the frontline staff for what is arbitrary work.

I'd like to think people are empowered to change the stupification that you highlight but it's not going to be possible any time soon. Even those earning a decent wage are shown up for being idiots, so what chance is there for change when half the country, medium to large company owners, teachers (etc) are on the side of misinformation? There's not really much you can do except talk with your feet.

Constructive criticism is now received badly, whereas before it was taken on board. We have a form of populist government in power and England went along for the ride; the press are on board. There's not much can be done. There are plenty of temporary expats who still post on this forum. For ease of acquiring decent work: Germany
                  For lifestyle: Denmark, Sweden or, if you like the outdoors world, Norway. If you're young and easily adaptable: France or the Netherlands.

Comment

On top of all this the UK is about to enter a self made Japan style lost decades with the state buying up stocks and deflation for the masses.

Progressive societies do exist, you just have to get out there and vote with your feet.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X