• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tired of the UK NOT tired of life

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
    As ever, the typing skills of someone who is half-cut from mid morning.

Away shag yer mum again.

Comment

There you go.

List of Countries of the world in alphabetical order (A to Z) - Worldometer

Print that lot out, cross out the UK and take yer pick and **** off.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        There you go.

List of Countries of the world in alphabetical order (A to Z) - Worldometer

Print that lot out, cross out the UK and take yer pick and **** off.

I would avoid Germany and Switzerland. Remoaners over there too.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I would avoid Germany and Switzerland. Remoaners over there too.
          Avoid DPRK and Saudi Arabia. Too full of Brexiteer-types.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I would avoid ... Switzerland. Remoaners over there too.
            Where? I brexited years before you lot even thought of voting for it based on ill-founded arguments.

Anyway, why would anyone be tired of dear old blighty. It's a lovely place to visit - cheap as chips, with decent chips. And good beer. What's not to like?
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Yeah. Switzerland is off if the yanks like it...

Living in Switzerland ruined me for America and its lousy work culture - Vox

Comment

Originally posted by Shackattack View Post
                My wife works for a university, no pay rise in 10 years
                Same for my wife, she literally is making less than she was 10 years ago. Barely minimum wage as a lecturer at a big name school. Even worse, she is on a 3 day week and they give her so much work (and she actually cares about her work) that she works at least one extra day a week for free. It's disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Where? I brexited years before you lot even thought of voting for it based on ill-founded arguments.

Anyway, why would anyone be tired of dear old blighty. It's a lovely place to visit - cheap as chips, with decent chips. And good beer. What's not to like?
                  Yorkshiremen....

Comment

Nothing against Brexiter

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    Avoid DPRK and Saudi Arabia. Too full of Brexiteer-types.
                    The only thing I can't abide by with Brexiters is their reasoning for wanting to leave a powerful trading block. They very rarely have an answer, if you have a conviction be brave and speak up, I can respect that, don't speak in childish catch phrases that you've read in a tabloid newspaper.

That mini gripe aside, I have some friends who moved to Canada and they love it, I always refer to there friends, (now my friends), as European Americans.

Portugal appeals, easier to get the Golden EU passport ticket although salaries are not great it would be more about quality of life and experience.

Spain could be a good option, great down to earth people.

All said and done I think Brexit it utterly irrelevant in light of what is about to hit us, Covid is just the start. Our economy will be hugely damaged. I think the UK's response has been so embarrassing it's done us absolutely no favors on the Global stage.

I'm a proud Brit, not in the bigoted and racism par on lite sense, but rather in our rich history of explorers, scientists, rulers and engineers who sadly rarely get mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
                      Same for my wife, she literally is making less than she was 10 years ago. Barely minimum wage as a lecturer at a big name school. Even worse, she is on a 3 day week and they give her so much work (and she actually cares about her work) that she works at least one extra day a week for free. It's disgusting.
                      I hear you it's a tough time for all of us, sadly doesn't have to be that way but...

It's like the irony of Tory voters clapping for the NHS every Thursday. We should have a separate one for them where do a long sarcastic drawn out clap.

Respect to your wife.

Comment

Working...
                      X