• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tired of the UK NOT tired of life

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
    Apparently she's working at the wrong University.
    University Lecturer Salary - How much do they earn? - CV-Library

Maybe she is crap or teaches Meeja studies?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      The perspective from abroad is that the UK is most certainly declining from a 2nd rate country to a 3rd rate one.
      Herd immunity U-turn, shambolic testing, not enough PPE, the Health minister blaming medics for overusing PPE (WTF!!), the daily propaganda that avoids saying anything of substance.
      Covid will be the coup-de-grace for the Uk economy.
      I was hoping for the coup-de-grace for Boris & his puppet master.

Any signs of The Ugly Mother****er recently?
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        I was hoping for the coup-de-grace for Boris & his puppet master.

Any signs of The Ugly Mother****er recently?
        Which one? If you're talking about the man behind the scenes, he's back and on the first day wasn't practicing social distancing but was on the second, probably because the press had a field day...
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

A Badge

I think people conveniently forget as a country we paid 620 billion in tax, and for that Matt Hancock unveiled a, wait for it.... no this is good I think this could be the thing to kick start the economy....you ready.

"A Badge for elderly care workers."

Think about it so they no longer have to que up at Asda, providing you're not relying on food banks of course.

I mean it's that kind of dynamism which makes me want reconsider staying in the UK, we are in good hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Shackattack View Post
            I mean it's that kind of dynamism which makes me want reconsider staying in the UK, we are in good hands.
            OMFG.....how WILL we manage without you?

We'll be like a fish without its bike!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              We'll be like a fish without its bike!!

Never mind though, with you around, the UK still has its village idiot.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

We'll be like a squaddie without its peeler!!

FTFY

Comment

When you say we, who do you mean. Genuinely interested to know what this misplaced sense of loyalty to some elusive cause is. A rebellion I very much doubt it with a bunch of millionaires and ex traders bankers backed by billionaires. Absolutely nothing is going to happen. Zip. In fact IMF has just announced another credit crunch more severe than 2007, Brexit is an utter irrelevance in the grand scheme, not that it every meant anything anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    Which one? If you're talking about the man behind the scenes, he's back and on the first day wasn't practicing social distancing but was on the second, probably because the press had a field day...
                    So the Ugly Mother****er is.

Dominic Cumming back in Downing Street and ignoring social distancing rules | Latest Brexit news and top stories | The New European

How disappointing.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Wow I'm absolutely staggered, I used to work round European countries a number of years ago, very short trips mainly based in London office. I knew Denmark had a great public service and benefits but didn't realise it was that good. We literally are the worst in Europe on so so many things. Highest transport costs, Highest Utilities, worst benefits system, probably the worst health service now, worst workers rights, rising pension age, worst public services.

anyway Brexit yay tekin back control of er nothing, unleashing our potential for quick one one help me out here struggling.

Comment

Working...
                      X