• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Refund vouchers and general moan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refund vouchers and general moan

I booked an airport hotel and parking for May through Holiday Extras which I cancelled over a month ago for none Covid reasons. It was cancellable with a full refund and this was confirmed by email. I checked by phone where the refund was a couple of weeks ago and was told it was taking 30 days to complete refunds at the moment. Now I get an email saying they've issued a voucher for the money which I can redeem within 18 months because Covid 19 is a 'force majeure' So I call them and get told by the robot that they aren't answering telephone enquiries at this time and the web talk isn't working and there's no email address So I've emailed the CEO pointing out that I want a refund for a normally cancelled booking that has zilch to do with Covid 19. Will they go bust before I get the money Or should I just start the section 75 reclaim now?

In other irritations I had a question for HMRC and guess what, brr brr thank you for calling but we can't handle your call now, bye

Why aren't these employees who normally sit at a desk answering the phone not sitting at the kitchen table answering the phone?

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
    I booked an airport hotel and parking for May through Holiday Extras which I cancelled over a month ago for none Covid reasons. It was cancellable with a full refund and this was confirmed by email. I checked by phone where the refund was a couple of weeks ago and was told it was taking 30 days to complete refunds at the moment. Now I get an email saying they've issued a voucher for the money which I can redeem within 18 months because Covid 19 is a 'force majeure' So I call them and get told by the robot that they aren't answering telephone enquiries at this time and the web talk isn't working and there's no email address So I've emailed the CEO pointing out that I want a refund for a normally cancelled booking that has zilch to do with Covid 19. Will they go bust before I get the money Or should I just start the section 75 reclaim now?

In other irritations I had a question for HMRC and guess what, brr brr thank you for calling but we can't handle your call now, bye

Why aren't these employees who normally sit at a desk answering the phone not sitting at the kitchen table answering the phone?
    Section 75 or small claims.

Comment

Working...
    X