• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Impending house price crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Let's hope it happens again. Been sitting on some cash for quite some time. It may well be worthless, but it'll be useful for buying some nice villa with a pool somewhere hot.

I'm eying a couple of spots in Northern Italy and South West UK.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      I'm eying a couple of spots in Northern Italy and South West UK.
      You couldn't afford my house fella
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Cute.
        Phew! If scoots is scoffing at the idea of a crash being brief then sasguru is definitely right for once, and things will bounce back in no time!
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Cute.
          Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          Phew! If scoots is scoffing at the idea of a crash being brief then sasguru is definitely right for once, and things will bounce back in no time!
          Well if anything it goes to show the limitations of his intellectual capacity to respond with a meaningful, educated and informed post.

"Cute" indeed.

Comment

we are 2-4 Million dwellings short to house the population. Why would a resource in shortage become cheap as chips it might drop but investors will buy quickly.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              we are 2-4 Million dwellings short to house the population. Why would a resource in shortage become cheap as chips it might drop but investors will buy quickly.
              Because the downward pressures on prices will exceed the upward pressures.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                You couldn't afford my house fella

I think you're right about that.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Most BTL's out there (airbnb's included) are on borrowed money and in some situations now loss making.

Expect an abundance of supply + plus zero demand soon enough, worst case scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                    Well if anything it goes to show the limitations of his intellectual capacity to respond with a meaningful, educated and informed post.

"Cute" indeed.
                    quid pro quo

Comment

1. House prices are based on two incomes. Some people will have 0 or 1 incomes

2. Banks lend people up to 6 times double earnings. They will be more cautious with higher unemployment, and falling collateral prices. This leads to a credit crunch, as people cannot borrow 6 times earnings. Deposit sizes will increase. Banks have less money to lend too, as people stop saving.

3. Why would immigrants keep coming here, the economy is broken. Plus More death yet to come. Reducing demand

4. People think buy to let is a much riskier income, and that house prices will fall soon. The anticipation of falling prices and perceived risk of being a landlord leads to deflation.

5. As homes are repossessed, they are dumped on the market, leading to increased supply and falling prices. Falling prices of collateral leads to a credit crunch(cause of point 2)

6. Higher unemployment leads to falling wages, which feeds into point 2

7. Foreign economic problems lead to less foreigners buying UK property

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
                      X