Where are Dyson's ventilators? (HEALTH WARNING: BR14 TRIGGER) Where are Dyson's ventilators? (HEALTH WARNING: BR14 TRIGGER)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    36,631

    Default Where are Dyson's ventilators? (HEALTH WARNING: BR14 TRIGGER)

    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

  2. #2

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn is always on top

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Covid City
    Posts
    36,183

    Default

    If they are as reliable as his overpriced vacuum cleaners, then they will kill more people than they would have saved.

  3. #3

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    36,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    If they are as reliable as his overpriced vacuum cleaners, then they will kill more people than they would have saved.
    Indeed my feeling exactly. People in the UK might have had a lucky escape there ....
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

  4. #4

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg is always on top

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    27,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    If they are as reliable as his overpriced vacuum cleaners, then they will kill more people than they would have saved.
    Give people a choice of ventilator and use it as a Darwinian tool to weed out idiots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  5. #5

    Super poster

    CheeseSlice 's job has never been outsourced

    CheeseSlice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Melting on your hamburger
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    Its his go to market strategy... Wait for the industry pioneers to make their mistakes and fail, then catch the second wave and hoover up the business.


  6. #6

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW is always on top

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    55,608

    Default

    Demand on ventilators is lower than expected - because people die quick

    Testing is the new ventilators now

  7. #7

    Double Godlike!

    LondonManc is a fount of knowledge


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Work-life balance nirvana
    Posts
    12,057

    Default

    You've picked an article from 8 days ago?

    More recent news suggests they're waiting regulatory approval:

    Dyson provides update on ventilator project | West Country - ITV News
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

  8. #8

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    36,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LondonManc View Post
    You've picked an article from 8 days ago?

    More recent news suggests they're waiting regulatory approval:

    Dyson provides update on ventilator project | West Country - ITV News
    The point is by the time they're approved the peak will have passed.
    A second point is why the government ordered ventilators that need to go through the approval process in a dire time-critical emergency, rather than ramping up existing designs*

    *Well they had to pay a few million to him for Brexit support innit.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

  9. #9

    Should post faster

    HoofHearted is good enough for Jehovah!


    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    Its his go to market strategy... Wait for the industry pioneers to make their mistakes and fail, then catch the second wave and Dyson up the business.
    FTFY

  10. #10

    Godlike

    DoctorStrangelove has reached the peak. Play again?

    DoctorStrangelove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    7,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    The point is by the time they're approved the peak will have passed.
    A second point is why the government ordered ventilators that need to go through the approval process in a dire time-critical emergency, rather than ramping up existing designs*

    *Well they had to pay a few million to him for Brexit support innit.
    Yes it is odd, innit.

    Almost as if we're ruled by s
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •