• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is Matt Hancock out of his depth? (HEALTH WARNING: BR14 TRIGGER)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I daren't watch it, for fear of damaging my laptop with a brick. Can't stand that loudmouthed gobtulipe Piers Moron!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Give Russia a chance.
      Putin has come out and said "Oh f***"
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Hancock was either lying yesterday that he had promised 25,000 tests / day by yesterday or had forgotten.

100,000 tests / day by the end of April.

Still, Boris is a bit of a character, and that's what the country needs. And one mustn't disagree or that would be undemocratic.
        I can't see anywhere where he promised 25k a day by this point? He's said 100,000 by the end of the month which by my calculation is the 30th of April not the 15th

EDIT: It was the Housing Secretary not the Health Sec.

But at the start of April, Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick set a target of 25,000 a day by the middle of the month.

"We think within days we will be able to go from our present capacity of 12,750 to 15,000, so that's a significant increase but still not as far as we'd like it to be, then mid-April is when we expect to be at 25,000," he told Sky News.
        Government fails to meet target of 25,000 coronavirus tests per day by mid-April - ITV News
        Last edited by SimonMac; 16 April 2020, 16:55.
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          I can't see anywhere where he promised 25k a day by this point? He's said 100,000 by the end of the month which by my calculation is the 30th of April not the 15th

EDIT: It was the Housing Secretary not the Health Sec.

Government fails to meet target of 25,000 coronavirus tests per day by mid-April - ITV News
          Testing for coronavirus (COVID-19) will increase to 25,000 a day - GOV.UK

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Putin has come out and said "Oh f***"
            About bloody time, all that time gazing at Narnia can't have done him any good at all.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Totally

I think they are all completely out of there depth.

Just do the most cursory amount of research and you'll see that this has been a disaster from start to finish.

Even the out of nowhere Dishy Rishy darling of the Tories, (mainly because he has a net worth of £200m and daddy in law owns Infosys), measures really amount to keeping big business afloat and that's it and loans for everyone else.

We have money to subsidize private rail, to pay DUP, to pay Richard Brandon when he sues the NHS but everyone else can have a badge.

Comment

Originally posted by Shackattack View Post

We have money to subsidize private rail, to pay DUP, to pay Richard Brandon when he sues the NHS but everyone else can have a badge.
                Still the serfs vote for this junta. Okay, that's fine.. I can accept that. But what is the end game? Woollen mills up and down the country with JRM travelling around in his German owned Rolls Royce?
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Shackattack View Post
                  I think they are all completely out of there depth.

Just do the most cursory amount of research and you'll see that this has been a disaster from start to finish.

Even the out of nowhere Dishy Rishy darling of the Tories, (mainly because he has a net worth of £200m and daddy in law owns Infosys), measures really amount to keeping big business afloat and that's it and loans for everyone else.

I think the doomsayers on CUK are out of their depth and thrashing around looking for sufficient filler to hide the deep crevices of chips on their shoulders. Pray tell how you would have solved all the issues and handled the pressure of this situation if in charge?

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Why are people so eager to stick up for the Tories, just because they went to nice schools and have posh accents doesn't mean they give a hoot about the vast majority on this forum. It's pretty pathetic and spineless if you ask me.

Rather than listening to the Tories listen to the Health care chiefs, Doctors and Nurse who have been silenced, care workers on the front line who are all in total agreement this has been shambolic.

You could write a book on the lies and atrocities they have committed against the British people. We laugh at Trump but we have our own ready made one right here.

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
                      I think the doomsayers on CUK are out of their depth and thrashing around looking for sufficient filler to hide the deep crevices of chips on their shoulders. Pray tell how you would have solved all the issues and handled the pressure of this situation if in charge?
                      Ooh pray tell, I would not have abandoned the pandemic risk register, I would not have made the most savage cuts to the NHS in it's history.

ooh pray tell, I would not have had the lowest beds, nurses and doctors in Europe.

I would not have rented beds a cost of £2m+ a day

I would not have left it far far to late, rather act quickly and decisively months ago

I would not have come up with £92 a week and herd immunity

I would not have privatised large chunks of the NHS so the money goes to the likes of Richard (none tax paying) Branson

I would not have passed up on numerous opportunities to buy ventilators from British Companies

I would not have put an idiotic message to British Business to make ventilators and then ignore them and make 30 out of the 30,000 we needed

I would not have lied about PPE and act with integrity like other world leaders (-Trump)

I would not have made badges in some feeble nationlistic gesture

On the other hand

I would have funded the NHS using tax payers money so we would be prepared

I would not have abandoned the Pandemic risk register so we would know exactly the right response

I would have looked at other European countries to learn from them

I would have had a plan in place well before it unfolded

I would speak with honesty and integrity

I would be single minded in saving lives as apposed to covering my arse

I would not dupe the public with phoney nationalist bluster and sentiment praying on simple minded people

Comment

Working...
                      X